29 :: new friends & annoying flirts

10 chapters until the epilogue (:

also let's play a little game called
"find all the red flags & yell at mela" lmao

♡♡♡

The morning after, neither one of them spoke.

It was heavy, the atmosphere. Taehyung considered it quite crushing, and to be honest, it felt odd since most of the time the spent around Jeongguk wasn't at all like this— in fact, it was the opposite.

Usually things were light. Care free. Stress-less.

But now, it was as if a flip switched ever since their argument, and instead of the mornings where they were all over one another, they were apart.

Taehyung guessed it wasn't just Jeongguk trying to avoid him. He was guilty of it too. After all, he got up first to shower, and he ate way before Jeongguk even woke up. He didn't wait for him, and when he was dressed and Jeongguk came out, hair messy and eyes squinty with sleep, he didn't dare flirt with him.

It made sense. Their argument was fresh, hanging in the air stiffly, not having departed just yet.

Feelings were probably hurt. He knew his were. It was a dull ache latching onto his heart, though it wasn't because of the fact Jeongguk was leaving— he prepared himself for that ages ago.

It was more because of them fighting. A fight that shouldn't have happened if he just listened, but of course, he didn't and let it become this way. Maybe he shouldn't have dropped the l-word so carelessly either— maybe he shouldn't have said anything at all.

Or mayhe he shouldn't have let his insecurities and his fears eat him alive because there wasn't a need for worrying. It was Jeongguk and him. Taehyung and Jeongguk. Together, they made the complicated make sense.

But suddenly, everything— his feelings, his mind, his insecurities — was so confusing.

It didn't make sense why this would even happen to them of all people. They rarely argued, and when they did, it was never this intense.

Usually Jeongguk would laugh it off or make some dick joke by now, and Taehyung would be smothering him with kisses and cuddles.

However, that clearly wasn't going to happen.

You see, Taehyung didn't often get into arguments like this where both parties ignored one another. With Jin and Hoseok, they bought boba to make things up. With his dads, they simply watched a movie.

But seeing as Jeongguk wouldn't even spare a look in his direction, buying boba or watching a movie didn't seem like a strong enough apology.

Occasionally he would glance up, eyes fixating on the back of Jeongguk's head, watching him shuffle about the kitchen, the pads of his bare feet creaking against the floorboards. When Jeongguk turned around, he switched his attention back to his shoelaces.

This was ridiculous. Taehyung knew that. They should probably talk things out now that he wasn't wallowing in his own self doubts and panic. Maybe if he just called out to him they could sort it out.