1 ⤃

Malai Wongsaraya hated home

No she didn't live in an abusive household.

And no she didn't live in a foster home.

She lived with her parents and little brother. Preeda Wongsaraya, Mongkut Wongsaraya, and Prasong Wongsaraya.

The reason why she hated home was because she was always cleaning, working, getting yelled at, or taking care of her brother.

She didn't mind the last part, but shouldn't that be her mom and dad's job? She basically was her brother's legal guardian, yet she didn't even live with them.

So why did she always feel that her parents were overbearing?

Because. She didn't get to pick her college, college major, apartment, clothes, food, iPhone, schedule, practically her life.

Anything she did was picked by her parents, the wealthy Wongsaraya couple who owned many companies within the reigns of Thailand, South Korea, China, and Japan.

Her life had always been this way.

Even when she cried and begged her mom to let her go into a major in the arts. When she begged her dad to let her go to that one art school she had been accepted in. When she wanted to eat at that one new noodles place with her friends. When she wanted to go to an art museum with her friends.

The answer was the same. 'Art won't get you anywhere but the streets.' 'You need to run a business, not a worthless dream.' 'You need to be skinnier and you don't want to go to a poor place like that.' 'Friends are useless drop them.'

Malai felt overwhelmed.

How was she supposed to be a functioning adult when her parents had the strings over her marionette?

She didn't want to run a business.

But she saw no other option.

Her soulmate was probably free.

Her soulmate was probably vibing doing the things he loved most.

But she was constricted to an unwanted future that left her with little to nothing that she wanted.

Sure she could have any handbag or necklace she wanted. She could have any dress or pair of shoes she wanted. She could go to whatever restaurant she wanted, any party. But she didn't care. She wanted to live life simpler, not the life of some bratty privileged kid, that wasn't her.

She wanted to dye her hair purple, cut it from its long black locks, get a lip ring, travel the world, and become an artist. All things her family frowned upon.

Her mother nagged her to keep her hair long and black, her dad threatening to sand paper her lips if she pierced them, her responsibility of her brother holding her at home, and her family's defined future for her stopping her dreams.

She wasn't her.

And she wanted to be.

So what do you think of this character so far?

And yes I know in the picture in cast she has purple hair... but just wait ok. Currently she has long black hair and bangs just to clear up confusion. But she will have purple at some point. Just wait.