20 ⤃

Malai was waiting in a small cafe for Byungchul

She felt bad about 'breaking up' with him over text or call so she asked him to meet her here.

She was honestly scared of his reaction.

She knew she shouldn't be, but growing up with parents who overreact with everything really drove a wedge in her.

The cafe door opened and in slid Byungchul with his hands stuffed in his pockets and his black hair falling over his eyes. He saw Malai and gave her a meek smile before sliding into the booth across from her.

"Hey," he said as he looked at her eyes.

"Hey," Malai weakly said in an attempt to keep her cool.

"So why'd you want to meet me here," he said.

His fingers were fiddling with the menu in front of him, the bit of plastic cover flipping up and down making a clicking noise that bugged Malai.

"I'm just going to cut straight to the chase," she said setting her hands on the table.

Byunchul's face paled as he glanced back up at her.

"What do you mean," he asked nervously.

"Look I know we aren't soulmates," Malai said looking him dead in the eye. "I just know it okay?"

Byungchul places the menu down before messing with his rings. His ears were a tad red with anger, but besides that he seemed to have kept his cool.

"Now that you admit it," he said, "we have been pretending like we didn't know. I think we tried to drag it out hoping it was correct, but it just wasn't, was it?"

Malai shook her head.

"No it wasn't working," she said.

"We just didn't click did we," Byungchul said through gritted teeth.

Malai shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"No," she said with an awkward giggle, "no we didn't."

"Well I tried," he said getting up.

"What," Malai said, her eyes following his retreating figure.

"It's nice to know a Wongsaraya," he said, "at least a weak one."

He pulled out his phone and left the cafe.

He knew.

He knew and never told her.

He knew.

And that worried Malai.

That was then when she got a text from her brother.

Prashit

Prashit
Mom and dad got a tip off that your in Korea. It's only a matter of time before they start to travel to look for you.

Well big oops now ig