23 ⤃

3:32 am

3:32 am.

Malai hadn't gone to bed.

Instead she was looking at ways to fake a death.

Ten was on FaceTime saying that faking her own death was completely unnecessary, but after the events of two nights ago, she was thinking that it was indeed necessary.

"Mal think please just think," he groaned as he rubbed his head, Malai scrolling through her laptop. 

"Do you think a fire or driving a car into a river would be a better idea," she asked ignoring his pleas.

"Staying alive and just waiting this through," he sighed, "everything happens for a reason. Byungchul was a dickhead for some reason and look how close we've gotten! Do you think we'd be as close as we are now if it wasn't for that dickhead?"

"No," Malai said finally looking at him.

Ten was playing with the blond strands of hair that had grown long.

"But I also wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for him!"

Ten sighed.

He couldn't help but agree.

That was until her doorbell rung.

"Was that yours," Ten asked looking towards his front door in confusion.

"Oh fuck I need to jump out a window," Malai whispered as she got up.

"No you dumb bitch," he yelled, "we need to jump out a window."

Malai rolled her eyes.

"Reassuring."

"Just open the god damn door," Ten snapped, Malai clearly having a mini panic attack.

"Fine but you better stay silent but still in call in case I get kidnapped," Malai scoffed.

She reached towards the door and checked through the peep hole.

She sighed as she saw who it was and opened the door.

"Hey Mother," Malai sighed as her mom took in her daughter's appearance.

"Look at you," her mom snapped as she let herself in, Malai quick to grab her phone of which Ten was still on FaceTime.

"You look like a tramp," her mother started, "poor and living in a dirty apartment with REDBULL cans all over the place! Purple hair and... is that a lip piercing?!"

"Yes mother," Malai sighed, "it's a lip ring and I like my hair and apartment."

"Pathetic."

Her mom kicked a paint brush making it slide across the floor until it came to a halt against the kitchen peninsula.

"Come back home and dye your hair back to black," her mom ordered as she made her way inspecting everything in the apartment.

"This life your living is worthless," her mom scofffed.

Malai's eyes began to tear.

How was she supposed to even say no.

She had lived under her mom and dad's rules for 24 years. Sure she might be a grown adult, but with parents like hers she felt suffocated with no choice but yes to whatever her parents said.

She was trapped.

She looked down at Ten who's head was shaking violently.

"You found you soulmate," she told herself, "don't leave him."

"Mother I found my soulmate," she said, "I can't leave him!"

"Does he have money," her mom said spinning around on her heel. "Does he have a nice supportive job?"

"Well," Malai started, she sucked ass at lying.

"Leave him," her mom harshly said, "he isn't worth you."

Ten's heart broke. He saw a teardrop fall onto the screen. It was his. Then another. It was Malai's.

He knew her parents would hate him. He knew that they wouldn't approve of him.

But why?

Why did her mom saying it out loud hurt so much more?

"Wongsaray Malai," her mom snapped, "you are basically a princess. Don't fucking cry."

"I'm crying because I have a life," Malai sobbed, "I don't want the shit one your going to hand to me! I want one that I've worked my ass off for!"

A slap was heard.

"Don't swear at me," her mom said, "your coming home and that's that. Pack your bags the driver will be here in the morning at 8. I'll make a public announcement that you'll be the ceo. Your not going anywhere."

Malai's mom left the apartment, a crash being heard from across the screen.

Ten unmuted his side of the call as Malai brought the phone so he could see her face.

There was a red mark where her mom had hit her.

"I'll see you some other year then," Malai said, a tear running down her face as she hung up.

Ten choked back a sob.

Fuck what people said.

Men should cry.

And he did.

Did she not care?

Malai collapsed on the sofa, her hands gripping her purple hair.

She cared.

But she cared so much that she couldn't bare to see his heartbroken face.

And Ten cared so much that he was already on his laptop looking for plain tickets to Bangkok.

He could barely afford them, but at this rate?

He couldn't care less.

That shit hurted