16 ⤃

Malai and Ten ran through the dark streets

Malai and Ten ran through the dark streets. Their laughter carried throughout the city until they made it to Malai's apartment.

"Best you," Ten panted as he looked behind him to see Malai hunched over her hands on her knees.

"You have built stamina because your a dancer," Malai complained as she huffed and puffed.

Her art bags were tightly wound around her hands and Ten's dance bag had been left with Johnny in trust that he'd get it back (he knew he'd have to pack his extra supplies for the next days class).

"Whatever," Ten smiled as he threw an arm around Malai's shoulders.

Malai smiled.

This had been probably one of the most enjoyable nights she had had in a while. No fear or feeling of holding back. No double thinking of her soulmate situation. She felt lively.

She felt alive and free.

Her bonds from her parents and family had been temporarily broken, but she could feel her emotional and mental bonds breaking.

"So you aren't gonna avoid me anymore right," Ten said still laughing as he walked inside the complex with Malai.

"I never did," she said, "I'm just a busy busy person.

"Oh."

Ten felt relief. But he felt the need to win her over grow even more.

He knew she was his soulmate. But did she?

He had always covered up the mark on his face where Malai's hand print had marked her first touch. Now he didn't think it was as necessary. The students in his class had asked him about it today, and he said he was sure to have the most interesting relationship with his soulmate.

Looking back on it, he was excited to see where it would go.

"Chittaphon," Malai said waving her hand in front of his face, "earth to Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul?"

"Sorry," Ten laughed upon hearing his language.

He was so used to speaking in Korean with his students and other friends that he tended to go to Korean naturally.

It seemed as if he had a pinwheel of language spinning in his head and the largest one was now Korean.

"This is my place," Malai said as she inserted her apartment key into its place. "Text me if you want me to see you some more."

With that Malai entered her apartment with a smile on her face.

That was when her phone went off.

7 texts from Chul

1 text from TenTen

She checked Byungchul's first.

Chul (6:32)

Chul
Hey I came to your apartment and you weren't there

Chul
Where are you?

Chul
Lai?

Chul
Why aren't you responding

Chul
Where are you

Chul
Answer me

Chul
Istg if your with that dweeb I won't visit you tomorrow
(Seen 11:35)

Me
Sorry Chul I was working and set my phone to mute to focus and left it behind when I went to get paints earlier

Chul
Aww did I seem mad things do sound different over text

Chul
It's ok just tell me next time!!

Me
Ok

Malai felt a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach as she read his texts.

He loved her.

That's why he was so worried. Right?

But as she reread his texts she started comparing them to those of her parents. At first they sounded worried, but then they had turned threatening.

She checked Ten's text.

TenTen

TenTen
2:30 tomorrow at the dance studio you saw me coming out of

Me
Sounds like a plan what's going on there?

TenTen
That is my surprise and my surprise only

Me
.... ok???

Malai now has a smile on her face.

She could feel the difference between the two, but she somehow was still confused.

To anyone else she felt like she should pick Ten, but Byungchul was so in love with her. Byungchul was so protective and wanted tabs on her because he cared.

But she didn't feel the same.

And she was scared.

Girl that's a ToXiC rElAtIoNsHiP