30 ⤃

Malai watched as a maid pinned her hair in a bun, her purple grey tips disappearing under the main of black hair

She pinched the straps of the royal blue dress her mom had laid out for her like she was five. It was floor length and had a leg slit, the top being an A-line open back. To go with it her mom paired silver heels with silver jewelry.

"Your done miss," the young maid said.

She was maybe 18. Too young to be working such an awful job, but it did seem like she needed it. Her hair was a dark brown, freckles lightly dusting her nose.

"Thanks," Malai said curtly.

Getting up she looked in the mirror. Shiny eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, mascara, red lipstick, highlighter, foundation, and concealer. Things she would never be caught dead in before.

A harsh knock came from her door, the door swinging open to reveal her mom.

Why was it always her mom?

Her dad was too absorbed in running a business to pay attention to anything else. Her mom was too obsessed to form Malai into the perfect heir to pay attention to anything else.

"Let's go darling," her mother said, her lips crinkling with the rest of the winkles she had tried to Botox away.

Malai only hummed and walked out of her room to enter the car. Her dad was in one side of the limo, her mom taking a seat next to him. Malai quickly got into the other side.

"What about Prasong," she said realizing her beloved brother wasn't in the car.

"He's thirteen he can be left alone at home," her dad said sternly, his voice cold and emotionless.

Malai looked down at her hands, her nails short and unpolished. That was the only thing they hadn't changed.

When they finally got to the venue, Malai's mother pulled her aside.

"I expect you to be on your best behavior," she sneered, "no sneaking off. You stay with us and do what we say. Don't act up. This is your night."

Malai nodded.

She had tried her best to forget that after tonight, she wouldn't be free. She would forever be under her parent's control and stuck in Bangkok.

But that was fine.

She had her own plan.

She entered, families getting up and bowing towards hers.

Then something caught her eye.

It was Taeyong's family. He had his hair newly dyed, and sure that was an eye catcher. But it wasn't him that caught her eye. It was the man next to him on his right.

"Ten?!"

Oh shit its finally happening

Everyone stay calm

Don't panic stay calm

But yeah shits abt to go down