32 ⤃

Malai walked with her parents as they made their way down the empty hallway

Malai walked with her parents as they made their way down the empty hallway. She was clutching an iPhone 7 in her hand hoping her back up was ready.

Her blue dress was dragging across the ground, her heels clicking on the floor as pieces of her bun began to fall out of her hair.

She looked at a server, her hair tight in a ponytail as she pushed a cart of food. The two made eye contact. The maid, who's name tag was labeled 'Hayun' nodded with a small smile before crossing over to cut her parents off.

"Ugh you brat," her mom scolded as she nearly toppled over in her high heels.

The maid only gave her apologies and bowed before moving on. Of course she didn't forget to drop the very thing that would make Malai's plan so much easier.

Malai scurried forward and picked it up before shoving it into her strapless bra. She quickened her steps and quickly found her way next to her parents once again.

Her dress was of course slowing her down, but she saw the room she needed coming up. With the files tucked under her dress and in her shorts, she quickly fiddled with the key that Hayun has dropped for her.

Finally the door swung open, graced to a young server, and Malai has the chance to shove her parents in the room. She quickly slammed the door shut and shoved the key into the lock, efficiently locking her parents away until the venue was chaotically over.

She smiled as she heard her mom and dad's shouting at her to let them out.

"Well how do you like that," she huffed, "being locked up?"

She turned away from the banging on the door and speed walked down the long hallway until the stage door was right in front of her.

She opened it and stepped into the shallow hallway, voiced passing her as she made her way behind stage.

She saw the curtain, the podium and mic ready for her take over.

"You are the boss bitch Malai," she whispered as she opened the file in her hands and handed it to the maid who scurried to put it on the podium.

The curtains then went to open, until the unexpected happened.

The lights went out.

Crashes of breaking plates and knocked over tables were the only sounds before guests screams kicked in.

And footsteps rushing past her and onto stage stopped her from moving.

It was all to late, and Malai was off ignoring the blisters forming on the heels. Sprinting to find the culprit she was thrown to a stop, toppling over something.

Or someone.

Once again she was met with the surprise she had never expected to see.

"Ten what the fuck?!"