26 ⤃

Malai was ushered into her dad's office at the main building

Her mother had scolded her the minute she walked into the office building about the hair incident.

"What are people going to think of you," her other screamed.

"I don't know," Malai scoffed, "maybe that I grew a pair and stepped out of the shadow you cast on me?"

Her mother grabbed her ear and dragged her to the elevator.

"I did not raise you this way," she yelled.

"Yeah your right," Malai said catching her mom off guard. "It's cause you didn't raise me."

Her mother glared at her and grabbed her wrist before dragging her up to the office.

There her father was sitting.

Doing nothing but watching TV on his computer when he was supposed to be working.

"Malai," her father said sternly as he quickly shut off his desktop.

"Sup."

She earned a glare from her mom as she feigned a smile.

"Manners young lady," her dad sighed.

Malai rolled her eyes as she fiddled with the hat she had discarded at the air port.

"What the hell were you thinking," her dad said standing up.

"I was thinking of escape and living my life," Malai said.

"Why?!"

"Because I wanted to work for myself. Not on an already built empire that was handed off to me. I don't want to run this business," she shouted.

"It's always about you isn't it," her dad yelled.

Malai couldn't understand how he thought that.

"It's because of me," Malai yelled.

She was over it.

Acting like she was perfect.

The pressure was too much. She wasn't a puppet. She wouldn't be stuck on their strings.

"This was what you wanted not me," she screamed, "it was always what you wanted. You pulled me out of art school, you didn't let me hang out with friends, you forced me to change my major because of what you wanted..."

"Say you were protecting me," she continued, "you weren't. Have you ever considered what I wanted? No. I finally took my life in my own hands at 24 and this is the bullshit I'm faced with? It's about me now because it looks bad, but I've never complained about it when it was always about you!"

Her father was silent.

"You will attend a press meeting tomorrow about where you went," he finally snapped, "you will be given a script. Read from that and everything will be fine."

Malai scoffed as she was dragged from the room.

"You didn't say anything back because you know I'm right," she sneered.

She wasn't the most confrontational of people or one to talk back, but desperate times called for some changes.

And for Ten a change of scenery when he landed at the airport.

I have like 60 history assignments due today that I haven't even started rip