4 ⤃

Malai was lost in her own closet

Malai was lost in her own closet. She didn't know what the hell to wear.

After her brother had gone to bed last night she had thought about what he had said.

Her parents didn't even raise her, her grandfather did, her grandmother being too laid back and lazy to do anything. He was a goo man. Started a whole company by himself and grew it to one of Asia's wealthiest companies.

He had taught her morals and his beliefs of hard work as he never did Mongkut, her dad. He had raised her when her parents weren't there, cleaned up her scraped knees and washed her clothes when she had paint and charcoal all over them.

When he passed Malai struggled. The only person who was there for her was gone, but Malai knew how to be strong because of him. She proceeded to grow and raise herself, and he little brother. Her little brother was three when her grandfather died, not old enough to remember him.

"Mal," a voice said from behind her, scaring her and making her fall to the ground in a scream.

"Damn girl you really don't have to be so dramatic," her roommate, Khajee, said coming from behind her to stand and stare at her closet.

"What," Malai groaned as she pulled herself up from the floor.

"Are you still looking for a dress," she said glancing at her closet.

"What does it look like," Malai sighed as she pulled out a hoodie that's read 'Jones BBQ and Foot Massage' on it. Like stated before, Malai loved memes and pop culture jokes.

"Just wear this dress and put a white blouse underneath it," Khajee said as she pulled out a blue Gangnam dress with spaghetti straps that was knee length.

Laying on Malai's bed, Khajee turned around and raided her room mate's closet again before pulling out white Chanel Lace-ups.

"Your parents are walking ATM's along with their friends," she sighed, "your gonna want to look like an expensive girl."

She pulled out some jewelry and grabbed some makeup.

"I was going to put on some lip tint and mascara," Malai protested as her friend pulled her to a small vanity.

"And have your parents yell at you again," she said, "no thank you. I'd rather not have a grumpy roommate tonight."

Malai rolled her eyes as her Fashion Design Major roommate worked her magic.

Soon enough Malai was rushing out the door and going into their family chauffeur driving car.

She had her bangs out and her hair curled. Diamond earrings and a necklace. The Chanel Lace-ups, the blue dress and an off the shoulder white blouse.

To say she felt pretty was an understatement, she just didn't like the reason why she had to feel pretty.

Once again she felt like she was out of control of her life.

And she was really considering running away at this point.

Was her life hers?

I really do be poppin off doe