3 ⤃

Malai laid on the ground as her 13 year old brother danced around her in glee, he had won yet another round of Just Dance with 'Pound the Alarm,' Nicki Minaj

Malai laid on the ground as her 13 year old brother danced around her in glee, he had won yet another round of Just Dance with 'Pound the Alarm,' Nicki Minaj. All she could say is that her little brother had the best knees in the family.

"Malai?"

Malai opened her eyes to meet her concerned brother's sweaty face.

"Are you ok Lai," he asked as the girl sat up.

"Yeah just thinking," she said.

Her brother wouldn't understand.

"About what," Prasong asked.

"Nothing you would understand," she said as she rubbed his head.

"Bet."

She laughed as she got up.

"Ok let's get dinner and I'll tell you about it," she said, "but be prepared for a rant."

"With you I'm always ready," he said snapping his fingers and walking ahead of her downstairs and to the kitchen.

Malai laughed.

Her brother really was a mood maker, and in his own way opposed their parents.

It first started when he was ten, he had came to Malai and asked her to paint his nails. Her dad had freaked out and yelled at Malai, but her brother stuck up for her and said he had asked her too since it was for a school project.

Then he started coloring everything rainbows. Then he bleached a strand of hair in the back, their parents never found it. Then he had decided to donate a portion of his allowance to ILGA, which was when Malai was the proudest sister on earth.

Indirectly her brother had come out to her, and that was enough. He didn't care about his parents opinions because he felt neglected by them.

He was old enough to know that Malai had raised him, and he was old enough to bug the hell out of his birth parents by calling them 'Sir yes Sir,' and 'Preeda,' to which they would always yell at him, but didn't have enough time or will to care to punish him. He got away with a lot more than Malai did.

"So where'd our royal Highness's go tonight," he said as he opened a bag of Gold Fish. "A ball, a fancy restaurant, ohhh maybe another boring sky scraper."

"Bingo on the third one," Malai sighed as she grabbed the bag despite hearing her little brothers protests. "And no snacking I'm cooking dinner right now!"

"Anyways what's bothering you miss," he asked as he crossed his legs and leaned across the table, eyebrows raised.

Malai laughed.

Her brother was the best person in the family.

"Well I just feel trapped," she said as she started chopping the celery. "Like my life isn't mine. I don't have control. I feel like I'm not enough under them, but I want to be me and I feel like that would be enough. Like I want to do so much things, but they don't approve you know?"

"Hell yeah," he said, Malaia laughing despite the language the kid used. It wasn't really a problem to her, only if kids used them in the right way and used the words responsibly.

"I mean dad would flip shit if he knew I cursed or was gay. I mean I wear pink everyday and color everything rainbow, for Christ sakes you'd think he'd get the hint!"

Malai nodded as she mixed the noodles and food.

"Ha, how funny would it be if my soulmate was a girl," he said as he plucked a carrot from the bowl.

"It'd be even funnier if it was a guy and to see dad's reaction," Malai laughed as she set the bowl down.

"Damn right."

"Your swearing an awful lot," Malai snickered.

"It's hormones," he said shoving noodles in his mouth.

"Hormones don't make you swear more," Malai deadpanned as her brother inhaled his food.

"Fuck off you hetero," he mumbled.

Malai rolled her eyes as she continued to eat.

"Well I mean Lai," he said, "run away. Your phenomenal at art. Sell that and move. Transfer some of their money to your bank account, buy a plane ticket and skrt off."

Malai's eyes widened.

"But," she said, "what if they shut down my bank account?"

"Get a new one and get a job like a normal person," Prasong mumbled, his mouth full of food as he waved his chopsticks around. "It ain't rocket science sis."

Malai looked down.

"Maybe."

Ok but I love Prasong, he's probably my favorite character I've ever written.