31 ⤃

Malai immediately brightened up as she stared at him

She didn't know how he got here nor did she give a fuck. It was going to be ok. She would go through with her plan.

She didn't even bother to think he had a plan as well.

She sat down with her parents as the caterers bustled around with food, Malai's empty stomach growling at the sight. She wanted to ruin her family's reputation, no. She needed to.

She stuffed her face with Tiramisu for the memories, her dad and mom staring at her in horror as Ten enjoyed the view.

He had never met them, but all she knew was that he hated them. Her mom looked like she was over due on Botox and her dad seemed over-tanned and wrinkly.

Ten looked back to Malai who had now wiped off her lipstick. Whether it was intentional or not, it was gone and the red stain was all that was left.

People gossiping around him made Ten realize the environment Taeyong and Malai has grown up in. He looked back at Taeyong who was turned around and talking to some random Financial Management guy.

"Mr. Shin," Taeyong said as he noticed Ten's attention. "This is my... friend... Ten."

"Ten?"

"Ten."

Ten smiled sickly as he watched the elder man look him up and down. To the necklace that laid on his collar bones, or the way Ten had styled his grown out blond hair. He knew he wasn't someone you desired to have at a conservative business convention.

"My real name is Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul," he reaching out a hand, Mr. Shin staring at it as if it was contaminated. "But for obvious reason people call me Ten."

"Alright Mr... Leechoyopunkal-"

"Leechaiyapornkul."

"Mr. Ten," Mr. Shin finally resumed to, "what is your position or job?"

Ten smiled in glee knowing he was going to disappoint everyone in this building.

"I'm a Dance Instructor and Choreographer."

He watched Mr. Shin's fake face of attempted acceptance melt into one of complete horror.

His favorite.

"So how-"

"My soulmate might be sitting at the most important tables," he cut off the older man, "and I'd prefer to wait for the right time to... let's just call it party crash."

Mr. Shin's face turned to a mixture of horror, shock, confusion, and just in total... terror. Ten realized how different he was from these people.

When he was younger he might've found a problem with it, his self confidence would've lowered and he might've even found a way to sneak out.

But now?

Now he felt even more comfortable in his own skin knowing he was giving all these people a run for their money. He knew he disgusted these people.

He was going to stay.

He was going to either prove them wrong, or right.

He was going to show them money meant nothing. He was going to teach them that no matter how rich they were, uncomputable forced like himself would still be able to tear them down.

"Wongsaraya family may make their way to the back," an overhead announcement called, Malai being pulled from her seat.

Ten smirked as he watched the shit show of a family get up and head back, people bowing off of respect.

"Excuse me," he said getting up. "I'm going to go take a piss."

My chaotic soul is loving this