28 ⤃

Malai was awoken by one of the maids opening the door with a key

"Ms. Wongsaraya," she called, Malai's eyes crinkling with the sudden light. "Get up your mothers made you a hair appointment."

Malai sighed as she looked at the maid. She was new. The old one probably got fired for letting her escape.

"She picked out an outfit too by the way," the maid said before closing the door and once again... locking it.

Malai screamed into her pillow before harshly throwing the object at her wall.

She then looked down at her ribcage and smiled.

On the bottom of her ribcage were the small words inked into her skin.

'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.'

'If you want peace, prepare for war.'

It was Latin. A language her parents didn't understand, but Malai looked at it as a building block for history.

Malai quickly looked at the white blouse that was laid out on her dresser. Her mother had paired it with tight fitted jeans (no holes of course) and Chanel sandals. Of course a series of expensive jewelry was set out as well.

She rolled her eyes and rugged on the over priced clothing and then laid back down on her bed.

No makeup or hair today. Her hair brush was good enough. Her mom could suck it.

Her door opened and this time it was her mom.

"Get up you're wrinkling your clothes," she said, "and couldn't you have done anything with your face and hair?"

"I don't have the products since you basically kidnapped me," Malai retorted.

"I'm your mother I can't kidnap whats already mine," she scoffed. "Let's go our driver is waiting."

Malai let her mother drag her out of her prison and down the driveway but one thing ran through her mind still.

Was that all her mother viewed her as? An object to be controlled only for the use of the future?

Malai didn't even notice she had gotten in the car until they made it to the hair salon. Her mother once again was dragging her around like before.

When they entered the salon a younger lady stood at the counter.

"I'm guessing you're the Wongsarayas," she grumbled, clearly not impressed.

She took a look at the harsh grip of the mother's hand on Malai's body and immediately wanted to rip out her throat.

"Chill," she thought, "just chill."

"Yes I have an appointment for Malai Wongsaraya," Malai's mom said.

"Yeah I saw," she said, "I'll just bring her back and you can wait here."

"Actually I would like to go back," Malai's mother said.

"No," the hairstylist said, "not enough room, sit down please."

"Let me go back," Mrs. Wongsaraya protested.

"Yeah no."

"You know who I am right?"

"Yes and I don't care, rules are rules," she said.

"I can buy this whole building," Mrs. Wongsaraya fought back.

The hairdresser was done with this bullshit.

"And then your daughter wouldn't get her hair done," she said, "choose what you want, I'll wait."

Malai just stood shocked.

Her mom sighed and sat down on the chair with a sigh.

The hairdresser brought Malai to the back.

It was then when Malai quickly realized that the girl had lied.

There was plenty of room. Chairs for waiting were lined up against the window. There were multiple stations.

"Yeah your mom's a bitch, I could tell just about how she dragged you in here," she said as she tapped the chair Malai could sit it.

"The name's Kim Jinri," she said, "and don't worry I won't make it completely black, that's boring."

Malai's hopes were finally raised.

Throughout the process of dying her hair, Malai could only picture her mom's face of pure anger.

And when she came back out she didn't have to imagine.

"I said fully black," her mom yelled.

"Going full black would damage the ends," Jinri said calmly, "I did what I could without completely frying her hair. Take it or leave it."

Malai's hair was black at the roots, but faded to a purple grey.

Malai's mother sighed and grabbed her daughter's arm before dragging her back to the car.

"Put your hair in a bun to hide the tips," Mrs. Wongsaraya snapped, "and put on this lipstick and mascara, we have a press conference to be at, and your attending."

You know I'm insane when I finish four different plans for four whole different books and put three in drafts 😙✌️