3 - Your Rejection

Dahyun POV

"What are you going to do, Dahyun?" Jihyo asks.

"I don't know, Jihyo." I say. "What do you think I should do?"

"I'm not exactly in the place to tell you what you should or shouldn't do, Dubu." Jihyo pauses for a few seconds. "Do you like her?"

"Not in that way, Ji. You know I like someone else. I can't accept it."

"Then you already know what you should do."

I look at the letter again, thinking about every word written in it. Tears fall from my eyes as I pick up a pen and start writing.

I'm sorry for hurting you, Sana.

I wish I could be able to return your feelings, but unfortunately I don't feel the same way about you. I'm sorry, but I am in love with someone else. And it's been 4 years too.

I hope you can find someone who can return the same feelings to you, but I'm not the one.

I hope we can still be friends after this, but it's okay too if you don't want to talk to me anymore. I will understand whatever your decision is.

"I feel so bad for hurting her, Ji." I say, while crying.

"I know, Dubu, I know it makes you feel bad. But there's nothing else you could do but reject her." She comforts me.

"Jihyo, I don't want to hurt her. It hurts me too." I was holding her in a big hug. "Can we stay like this for a moment?"

"Of course, Dubu."- She says, smiling. "We can stay like this for as long as you want."

"Thank you, Jihyo." I hug her tighter. "Thank you for staying here."