5 - What If

Dahyun POV

''You should talk to her.'' Jihyo says with a serious face.

''You know I can't do that.'' I say. ''What if she doesn't want me to?''

''Of course she wants you to talk to her, but she's still hurt''

''I'm going to talk to her'' I say as I get up and approach Sana, who's talking to Tzuyu in another table.

''Hey, Sana'' I say waving at her. She looks at me with a confused expression in her face.

''Hi Dahyun. How are you?''

''I'm pretty good. You?''

''I think you can tell how I am'' She says now, with tears already falling from her eyes.

''Look, Sana'' She looks at my face. ''I'm sorry I couldn't return your feelings''

''Okay, but did I lost something?'' Tzuyu asks confused.

''We should talk somewhere else.'' I say, holding Sana's hand and leaving Tzuyu alone in the table.

''Dahyun, I am not mad at you, it's not really your fault''

''Not your fault too, but you should have told me before''

''This is why I haven't told you before''

''I'm sorry'' I say holding her hand. ''You know I hate seeing you hurt''

''I know, Dubu'' She hugs me for about one minute before letting me go.

I was already moving away from her, when she grabs my hand again.

''Dahyun, do you like her?'' She asks me while pointing at Momo.

I remain silent and that gave her the answer she was looking for.

''I knew it'' She says. ''Why her?''

''How did you know?'' I ask confused.

''I knew it from someone years ago. I was so stupid to think that you had already moved on from her.''

''Did she tell you?''

''Of course she told me. We're best friends''

We stay like that, just looking at each other, because none of us knew what to say.

''But she's sorry for not returning your feelings too, Dahyun'' She finally breaks the silence.

''I know'' I say trying to avoid crying, because I am really sad now.

But maybe if I would have returned your feelings I wouldn't be sad now.

I didn't realize how much I was staring at you until you called my name.

I didn't realize how beautiful you are until I started staring at you.

I didn't realize I was already smiling like an idiot, while staring at you.

Maybe that's why I haven't returned your feelings earlier. What if I had stared at you before? Would I fall in love with you, instead of her?