18 - Why Are You Afraid?

Chaeyoung POV

I'm sitting in the sofa next to Mina watching Strong Girl Bong-Soon. When there's a funny moment she laughs. Her laughs are funny and that's why I laugh too.

After we've been laughing for five minutes straight, we finally stop. I feel her looking at me and I look at her. She tries to get closer to me, but suddenly we hear the bell ring so I get up to open the door.

"Nayeon?" I ask confused. "Why are you here?"

When I look at her face I understand she's crying.

"What happened, Nayeon?" Mina asks running to her arms hugging her. "Why are you crying?"

"Jeongyeon is mad at me" She says stuttering.

"Try to calm down" I say moving away from the door. "Come in"

She comes in and sits on the sofa while Mina gives her a cup of water.

We stay in silence, Mina holding her hand, until she's calm.

"She thinks I cheated on her" She finally says.

"Did you?" I ask.

"Well" She pauses to sigh. "Jennie kissed me"

"Why did she do that?" I ask confused.

"I don't know, Chaeyoung" She says starting to cry again. "But Jeongyeon saw her kissing me and thinks I kissed her"

"Have you tried to talk to her?" Mina asks.

"She told me to leave her alone"

I look at Mina trying to think about what to say, but before I can think of something she's already talking.

"She's just mad, Nayeon" She says trying to make her smile. "All couples argue. You're not going to break up just because she's mad"

We decide to cuddle until Mina falls asleep.

"I have just noticed" Nayeon says. "What were you doing alone? I thought you weren't close friends" I blush.

"You aren't close friends, are you?" She laughs. "I'm sure you were kissing before I arrive"

"Sleep" I say still blushing. She shuts up for a few minutes, but starts talking again.

"You want to keep it a secret?" She asks. I nod. "Why?"

"She's not my girlfriend" I say.

"Why?" She asks confused. "You like each other. It's obvious"

"She didn't ask me to be her girlfriend" I say.

"Why don't you ask her?"

"I'm afraid to do it" I answer seriously.

"Why are you afraid?"

"What if she rejects me?"

"What if she doesn't?"

I laugh. She makes a confused face.

"You should ask her" She says before falling asleep.