28 - Can I Give Up?

Dahyun POV

Jihyo and I are sitting on my bed doing our homework. The silence was break by her.

"I thought you liked Sana" Jihyo says. "But now you're giving up on her"

"I'm not giving up on Sana" I answer.

"She's giving up on you now"

I look at Jihyo confused.

"You didn't know?" She asks me. "She asked Eunha on a date"

Was it that easy to forget about me, Sana? Maybe we shouldn't even have tried. Maybe you were meant to be with Eunha. However I don't know why I still care. Maybe I have strong feelings for you and it's too late now.

"You're thinking too much" Jihyo says. I make a confused face. "I can almost hear your thoughts. You shouldn't give up on her now. That date doesn't mean that Sana loves Eunha. You know she still loves you"

"Does she?"

"You should ask her. I'm sure she can answer your question"

"I can't just ask her, Ji. She doesn't want to talk to me"

"She's avoiding you, because she thinks you don't love her" Jihyo corrects me. "Tell her that you love her"

"I don't know if I love her"

"I know you love her" She says. "I'm not dumb. The way you talk about her it's not the way you talk about someone you just like. And the way you look at her doesn't lie"

"How can you know that?" I ask her. "You've never loved anyone" She stops looking at me. "Have you?"

"Actually I'm in love with someone" Jihyo says. "But I'm not comfortable to tell you now"

"That's okay" I smile. "I hope someday you can tell me about that person"

"That person will never love me" She stops for a moment. "And another person asked me on a date"

"Who?" I ask confused.

"Promise you won't tell anyone" She asks and I nod. "It was Kang Daniel"

"Kang Daniel?" I scream his name. "He's one of the cutest guys on our school. You're so lucky" Jihyo laughs. "Did you accept to go on a date on him? Tell me you did, cause if you didn't I will kill you"

"I accepted to go on a date with him, but I told him that if it doesn't work we will be only friends"

"You did the right thing" I say and she laughs.

"Yeah, but we were talking about you and Sana, not about my love life" I pout. "We can talk about my love life another time"