37 - Again?

Nayeon POV

Jeongyeon and I are laying in my bed. She's already asleep, but I can't sleep so I'm just laying while looking around the room.

I've always worried to much about what others think of me. However I've always pretended I didn't.

When I knew for the first time that Jeongyeon's mom I felt devastated. On the inside I was already crying, but on the outside I just smiled saying 'I'll change that'. And I really tried to change that.

For 2 years, I tried to change Jeongyeon's mom mind. I was careful with my words, because I didn't want her to hate me more. Everytime I saw her, I was nice to her and I tried to be her friend, more than just her 'daughter in law'.

I couldn't stop her from hating me. And I blamed myself for a long time.

A few months ago, I went to Jeongyeon's house again. It was the day i got sick of her mother. During the dinner, she kept looking at reminding me that she hates me.

When the dinner ended, Jeongyeon tried to talk to her mom about that, but she just said the same thing as always 'I hate her', 'she's bad for you'.

Since that day, I've never been in Jeongyeon's house anymore, because I got sick of her mom's hate about me.

I talked about Jeongyeon about that and she understood that so now when we want to be home, it's at mine.

I still wish I could know why her mom hates me so much. It's not something about my personality, because she already hated me when she saw me.

Suddenly, I hear Jeongyeon's phone ringing. When I look at the screen to see who's calling I sigh. It's her mother.

I start shaking Jeongyeon to wake her up and when she's already awake she picks up her phone.

"Hi, mom" She says with a sleepy voice. "I'm sorry for not warning you, but I'm not coming home today. I'll stay at Nayeon's" She looks at me and we both smile.

Jeongyeon's face starts to form a sad expression, what makes me understand what's happening.

"I'm fine, mom" She says. "We've already talked about that. I trust her with all my life and she wouldn't do anything bad to me"

So she's talking about me again? She's obviously saying bad things about me to Jeongyeon.

"Yes, I'm sure" Jeongyeon says for the thousandth time. "I love you too, bye" She says hanging up the call.

I look at her for a while waiting for her to say something.

"Again?" I ask her and she nods. "What does she think I would do to you? Do I look like a killer?"

"She doesn't think you're a killer, Nayeon" Jeongyeon tries to explain. "She's just over protective"

"I know" I agree with her. "But you're not a kid anymore, baby. You're already 19 and you know how to take care of yourself"

"She's my mom" Jeongyeon says. "Parents are always worried about us. It doesn't matter if I'm 4, 19 or even 60 for them. They'll always want to take care of me"

I stay in silence trying to process what Jeongyeon said.

"I want to go to your house too" I say. "It would make me happy to know that your mom likes me"

"I know" Jeongyeon says pouting. "I'll try to talk to her when I get home, okay?" She asks and I nod.

"I love you" I say at the same time that I hug her. "I love you so much"

"I love you too" She laughs. "You know that"

______________________________

I see that some people are reading my fanfiction, but don't vote on my chapters. I think it is because I don't remind you to, but when there's many people reading it and don't vote on it it makes me think you don't like it. I would like to ask you that if you like my chapters, please votee :)