16

“J-Jimmy..” Tommy looked up to Jimmy. He's biting his lower lip hard, trying to contain his tears that are continuously flowing through his cheeks.

“Hey, what happened?” he cupped the face of the smaller one, trying to calm him. “Sh, I'm here now. Don't cry, na? Sh.” hesitantly, he hugged the crying Tommy.

As they continue to their way, both of them are quiet ; both of them are waiting for each other to speak first.

“Uh, T-Tommy..” and it was Jimmy who broke the silence first. He looked at the latter when they reach their destination— a supermarket that's 30 minutes away from the orphanage.

“Yes?” Tommy looked at the taller, sadness can be visibly seen through his eyes.

“Can you tell me what happened earlier? Who made you cry? What's bothering you?” he asked.

“I-it's because... ”

“Hm?”

“Because of the g-gas...”

“Huh? A-ah. You mean, you don't know how to...”

“Hmm.” Tommy nodded, pouting.

“Ao— pft.”

Tommy tilted his head with a disbelief look in his face and by that, Jimmy burst into laugh.

“Hey!? Why are you laughing!? Am I that stupid, huh? Hey! How dare you?! Stop it, you jer—”

“Hey, Tommy, Jimmy!” Toy, who's running towards their direction and waving his hand, shouted.

“U-uh, I'll get back to the kitchen now.” Tommy rushed to the kitchen, trying to avoid an eye contact with anyone.

“Eh?” Toy was confused.“Why is he acting strange?”

Jimmy just shrugged. Maybe, he doesn't know as well.

“Help me with these, Toy.”

“Okay, okay!”