s. 09

“I almost forgot this...” Toy said while searching for something inside his bag. “Oh— this! I have here two tickets of the movie you wanted to watch. Now is it's due date, please watch it—”

“With you? Sure!” Tommy's mood lightened up.

“Uh. No—? With Jimmy.” Toy answered, grinning.

“What?!” as the latter exclaimed, Jimmy一 who's quietly sipping his iced tea, choked.

Tommy suddenly felt guilty so he bit his lower lip. "C-can't you come?" he whispered.

"Sorry, mom and dad set me up for a blind date. I've been excusing myself for who-knows-how-many-times it is and they will not buy my explanations anymore. I really wanna come with you, my dearest friend but I can't. But thankfully, we have here our great Karn." the other one explained, slowly and clearly before turning to the elder. "Phi Jim, would accompany our little Tommy to watch his most awaited movie of the year?"

Tommy began panicking internally. He tried to kick his bestfriend's feet under the table, signaling him to stop but he got no luck.

Jimmy leaned back to his chair, flashing his infamous smile. "Sure, I wouldn't mind."

"Uh.." Tommy can't stop fidgeting with his fingers as they wander around the area.

They still have an hour and a half to kill before the movie begin. Toy already went on his way, leaving the two in their most awkward situation. The restaurant they had dined earlier becoming more crowded than before, so they thought it's better to walk around.

Shit. Is there even more awkward than this?

"Oh一 cotton candy!" Tommy suddenly heard Jimmy's voice. He looked beside him only to see the other one running towards a cotton candy stall. Amused, he followed the latter on his way.

"Two of that please." Jimmy said excitedly. Tommy, behind him, can't stop himself from smiling as he witness the other side of the elder.

"Here."

Tommy came back into reality as the latter shoved a cotton candy infront of his face. "T-thanks.." he murmured, receiving it from Jimmy. They settled on one of the benches as they consume the sweet edibles. Well, they are still not talking but atleast... the atmosphere is not as heavy as it was, earlier.

"Do you want popcorn? Or drinks?" Jimmy offered before they get inside the cinema.

"Nah, I'm good. How about you?" Tommy replied, his excitement can't deny by his eyes.

"Hm, I'm still full." the elder responded. "Let's go?"

Tommy enthusiastically nodded. And that's all Jimmy had been waiting for to enter the dark cinema with the person whom he admires the most.

"Tommy, are you... crying?" Jimmy whispered, looking at the guy beside him.

"H-huh?" the smaller frame immediately brought his hands up to his face, wiping his cheeks roughly. "N-no, why would I?"

"Hm.." not obviously convinced, Jimmy just nodded in response while beaming a smile.

When Tommy started sobbing harder, Jimmy tried to make a move. "Uh.. do you want me to hug you?"

"Eh? Are you saying something?"

But unfortunately, he failed. Again.