48

“tommy! you're too early. oh— where's jimmy?” tommy's mother asked when he only saw his son entered their house.

“m-mom...”

“baby??” his mother hugged him even though she's so confused. “tell me what happened, baby.” 

tommy looked up to her with his puppy eyes.

“mom, w-what should i do?..” asked tommy, sobbing.

“hm? why? is it about jimmy? what did he do to you?” his mom cupped his face.

tommy nodded. “i just... i just found out.. that jimmy.. jimmy likes me. i mean, no. he's in love with me, mom.”

the elder's eyebrows met.

“what's the matter with it, tommy?”

“but mom...”

“you like him too, aren't you?”

“h-huh?”

“you're into that handsome young men, right?”

tommy became silent.

he doesn't know what to say.

“what's holding you back, dear? what are you afraid of? the other people's judgemental eyes? their unreasonable words?”

“mom.”

“love knows no gender, nor number and appearance. you can freely love someone as long as he is, as well, free. if you like jimmy, we can't do anything about it but to support you. and as we can see, jimmy is a very nice kid. he can be a good example to you. and that's what we want for our baby tommy, hm?” mrs. pueakpoolpol pinched his cheeks.

“ayo— our tommy's a real big boy now.” his father, who's been there listening since they came to living room, teased his son.

“d-dad...” tommy looked up to his father and received a smile.

and by that, tommy's biggest fear is gone...

“ey, jimmy. why are you calling at this early—”

“tommy... already found it.”