Chapter 8

POV Maddie

I woke up the next morning still happy from the night before and did my usual morning routine.

When I finished my toast I heard the doorbell ring. It must be Patrick. I invited him to come and walk to work with me and he accepted. "Ready to go?" He asked when I opened the door.

"Yep" I said smiling. I didn't bother to say bye to Mackenzie today because she was still asleep.

Patrick and I arrived at work and it was once again a rather quiet day.

I had about 2 hours left of my shift when possibly the most sexiest man on the Earth walked in. Yep. Liam Payne.

"Afternoon beautiful" he said and pecked me on the cheek.

"Hey Liam" I replied.

Liam and I started to joke around and I think Patrick was getting pissed because he was getting annoyed at me because I wasn't doing work but I didn't know what to do because there were no customers coming in. There was only about 2 or 3 and I attended to them straight away so I don't know what he was getting pissed about.

Just as Liam was about to start talking again an unfamiliar man walked in but he had a familiar girl by his side. Zoey.

"Zoey, who's this?" I asked, really confused,

"This is my boyfriend, Henry" she introduced him. And I gave her look of 'why didn't you tell earlier!' And she shrugged.

"Nice to meet you Henry, I'm Maddie" I introduced myself.

"Hey Maddie, I'm Henry, I've heard so much about you!" He exclaimed.

"All good I hope" I joked.

"Haha sure was!" He said.

"I'm Patrick" Patrick said and shook his hand.

"Henry" he replied.

"And I'm Liam" Liam said shaking Henry's hand.

"Shit! You're Liam Payne from One Direction!" He exclaimed.

"Sure am" Liam smiled.

"It's great to meet you! I'm Henry" he said.

"Nice to meet you as well" Liam said.

"Just 2 coffees" Zoey said to me and Patrick started making them.

The coffees were soon ready and we were saying bye to Zoey and Henry.

We waited about another hour and the clock struck 5pm and my shift was over. I quickly said bye to Patrick and Liam and I began to walk back to his place.

It was a very quick walk and as soon as we entered the large house I could hear echoes of chanting and 'yes's' coming down the hall. "Must be playing FIFA" Liam said, rolling his eyes.

We walked to the room where the noise and when we walked in Liam was right. I could see Niall and Harry with remotes while Louis and Zayn watched intensely. I looked at the screen and it was Manchester United vs Derby County and Derby was winning 5-0 in added time. The final whistle blew from the TV and Niall jumped in happiness and Harry groaned. "I fucking win!" Niall screamed.

"Calm down Niall" Louis said.

"Who's next?" Niall asked.

"Why don't you play?" Liam suggested, gesturing to me.

"Yeah! Maddie grab Harry's remote!" Zayn exclaimed.

I reluctantly got the remote from Harry and sat on the ground with Niall. "I've never played before" I said to Niall.

"It's alright, I'll go easy" he assured me.

We picked our teams and I chose Chelsea and Niall again chose Derby.

The final whistle blew and Niall had won 8-1. I only got 1 goal from deliberately getting an own goal.

"I should probably take ya home now" Liam said to me.

"Yeah, cya boys!" I yelled and I heard a bunch of 'bye's' and 'cya's'.

Liam led me to his car and the drive was once again very short.

When I got out of the house I looked across the road and saw Jordan and Bradley standing there and Jordan with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and I groaned when I saw them. "Who are they?" Liam asked, gesturing to Jordan and Bradley.

"I can't be bothered going into it now I'll tell ya another time" I assured Liam.

"Okay" he replied and smiled.

We reached the front door and had another cliché moment when Liam leaned down and kissed. The kiss was short and Liam then left smiling.

I entered the house and all the lights were off so I snuck into my room and got changed and went to bed.