Chapter 42

POV Maddie

We had just arrived at Heathrow Airport and luckily we weren't swamped with fans and paparazzi.

Liam and I got our luggage and then made our way to his car, which he parked in the airport car park when we came here to leave for Venice.

We soon arrived at the boys' house and were met with Mackenzie, Louis, Niall, Harry, Zayn, Patrick and Zoey. "We missed you!" Louis screams.

"Missed you too Lou" Liam chuckles.

"So what did you do?" Mackenzie winks at me and I scold her.

"We may have done that a couple times" I say, shyly.

"Did you use protection?" She asks, seriously.

"Yeah, I think so" I answer but then suddenly remember I am meant to have my period by now. "Wait, Mackenzie. I need to talk to you in private" I say to her and drag her into the bathroom. "Mackenzie, my period is late.." I tell her and she gasps.

"You did use protection, right?" She asks.

"I think so... Like we did it a couple times and I can't remember if we used protection every time" I say.

"Okay, what we'll do is tomorrow I'll go to the shop and buy some pregnancy tests and you will do 3 just to be safe, but for now. Let's enjoy the party!" She exclaims and we both exit the bathroom.

"What we're you talking about?" Liam asks me.

"Don't worry" I assure him and peck him on the lips.

*next day*

The next day everyone was now scattered across the house. Liam and I were in his bed and Louis was on the kitchen floor with Mackenzie laying on top of him, Niall was across the couch and Zoey was on the floor next to him and Patrick was laying next to Zoey, while Harry and Zayn were laying on top of each other in the hallway. "Why are they in the hallway?" I ask Liam, as we step over Harry and Zayn and make our way to the kitchen.

"I have no idea, it must've been a crazy night last night" Liam chuckles.

"Yeah" I agree and make Liam and I a coffee.

"I want one too" Louis groans from the floor.

"Haha alright" I say and get a 3rd mug out.

"Don't forget me" Mackenzie whines.

"Ok" I chuckle and then get another mug. Once the kettle had boiled all the water I pour a mug of coffee into each mug and give it to Liam, Mackenzie and Louis.

"I'm gonna go to the shop and get a few things" Mackenzie announces and then leaves the house.

"What the fuck happened last night" Niall says as he enters the room, rubbing his head.

"There's some Advil in the bathroom" Liam says and Niall nods.

"Get me some too!" Harry calls.

"Shut up Harry" Zayn snaps. Harry then enters the kitchen and takes a seat on the stool next to me.

"Zayn fell asleep in the hall again" Harry chuckles.

"Of course he did" Louis says.

"So does anyone actually know what the fuck happened last night?" Niall asks again.

"Nah, I can't remember" I say.

"Neither" Liam agrees.

"We were all absolutely smashed" Harry adds and we all nod in agreement.

"Fuck me I have a headache" Patrick says, walking into the kitchen.

"Advil is in the bathroom" Liam says "hey, can you bring the whole packet out? I think everybody needs some" Liam asks and Patrick nods as a response.

"I'm back bitches!" Mackenzie yells from the front door.

"Shut the fuck up" Zoey groans from the floor.

"Someone's in a bad mood" Mackenzie chuckles, walking into the kitchen and placing some bags on the counter.

"I'm hungover so let me sleep" Zoey says.

"Here's the Advil" Patrick says, placing it on the counter and taking some for himself.

"Hey can I see you privately?" Mackenzie asks me and I nod. Mackenzie and I then make our way to Liam's ensuite and I turn to face Mackenzie and she hands me a packet of pregnancy tests. "Remember, take 3 to be sure" she says and I nod. Mackenzie then stands outside the ensuite door and waits for me to be finished.

I take the first test out of the packet and do my business on it and do the same thing with the next 2. "I'm waiting for the result" I say through the door to Mackenzie.

"Okay" she responds.

After a couple of minutes I look at the results and they are now shown. They are all positive and I gasp. I'm pregnant. "Well?" Mackenzie asks through the door.

"You can come in" I say and she opens the door and looks at the tests.

"Congratulations!" She exclaims and wraps me in a huge hug.

"How's Liam gonna take it? You know his band is still incredibly popular and I don't know how having a baby is going to help it. What if he doesn't want the baby?" I ask.

"Trust me Maddie, Liam is going to love that baby as much as he loves you. He will be here for you as much as possible and will be an excellent father to the baby" Mackenzie reassures me.

"How do I tell him? When do I tell him?" I ask.

"Well I think you should tell him today. If you tell him later he will be upset you didn't tell him. And to tell him I think you should just take him somewhere in the house and tell him you need to talk to him in private and then you tell him" Mackenzie answers and I nod.

"Should I tell him now?" I question.

"I think so" Mackenzie says and I nod.

"I'll go get him" I say and we both go back to the kitchen.

"Everything okay?" Liam asks and I nod.

"Can I talk to you in private?" I ask Liam.

"Sure" he says and follows me to his room where Mackenzie and I were previously and shuts the door behind him. "What do you wanna talk to me about? Should I be worried?" He asks seriously.

"No no" I chuckle.

"Okay, then what do you wanna tell me?" He asks.

"I-I-I-" I stutter and Liam wraps me in a hug.

"Don't be nervous, just tell me" he says and unwraps me from his arms and steps back.

"Liam I'm pregnant" I breathe and Liam's lips form a huge grin.

"Are you serious?!?" He exclaims and I nod. "This is amazing, I am going to love the baby as much as I love you" he says.

"I love you Liam" I say and burry my head into his chest.

"I love you Maddie" he replies.

It's amazing to think Mackenzie thought this was just going to be a summer love but it turned into something much more than that. I found the man of my dreams. Sure, we have arguments here and there like every couple but I was now starting a family with him and I am glad. Liam Payne wasn't just a summer love.

~~~

A/N: that's the last chapter. I will be posting an epilogue soon :)