Chapter 16

POV Maddie (1 week later)

I woke up the next morning very comfortable in m bed and I suddenly remembered that Liam and I leave for Wolverhampton in 4 days. I can't believe I'm meeting his family. I just hope they approve of me.

I was laying in bed staring at the ceiling when I heard my phone start ringing. I groaned and rolled over and the called ID said Patrick Thomson. "Hey Pat" I said, answering the phone.

"Hey Mads. I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight?" He asked.

"Sure!" I exclaimed "where are we going?"

"You'll find out" he said and I could heard his smirk.

"Alright, cya later" I said.

"Cya" he said and then I hung up.

I quickly got ready and then made my way to the Starbucks to start my shift.

It was now 2 hours into my shift and a familiar boy walked into the store. "Good afternoon Maddie" he said.

"Good afternoon Zayn, what would you like?" I asked.

"Just a large hot chocolate" Zayn said and I wrote it down along with his name. I then handed the cup to my co worker, Gerald, for him to start making the hot chocolate.

"So how are ya Zayn?" I questioned.

"Yeah I'm good. I was actually wondering if you would like to come over tonight and have dinner with me and the other boys?" He asked.

"No, sorry Zayn. I have plans with Patrick tonight" I answered him and I noticed his face fall but he quickly redeemed himself and gave me a small smile.

"Yeah that's fine. Have fun with him then" he said.

"I will" I said and smiled.

"Zayn!" Gerald called out and gave him his hot chocolate.

"I'll see you another time Zayn!" I called out and I heard him say back an 'alright' as he left.

The rest of my shift went very quickly and I was soon leaving Starbucks to go back home and get ready to go out with Patrick but he had different plans. As I left the store I noticed his car and I heard him call out to me. "Maddie!" Patrick's voice rung through my ears and I saw him standing next to his car.

"Hey Pat, we need to quickly go back to my house so I can get changed" I told him but he shook his head.

"No need, what you are wearing now is perfectly fine" he explained.

"Really? Jeans and a shirt?" I asked, clearly shocked but he just nodded.

"Yeah it's fine but we have to go or we'll be late!" Patrick exclaimed and I hopped into the passenger seat of his car.

We soon arrived at the destination and it was the O2 Area? "What are we doing here?" I asked Patrick.

"We are going to a concert" he stated.

"How's play-" I started but I cut myself off realising what I saw on Twitter earlier in the day. I remember it said:

Pop sensation and global superstar, Ed Sheeran, is set to start off his brand new tour for his new album, X. It starts tonight and London's renowned O2 Arena and then goes to Dublin in Ireland and to Glasgow in Scotland. He is taking the tour across the world to many destinations including Australia and New Zealand.

"Oh my god we are seeing Ed Sheeran!" I screamed and had a little fan girl moment in the car while Patrick laughed. "Let's go!" I exclaimed and literally dragged Patrick out of the car and towards the gates of the O2 Arena.

Patrick pulled the tickets out of his pocket and gave me mine and I sprinted to the front gate, with Patrick following me.

We both entered the arena and quickly got some food. I got a coke and hot chips while Patrick just got a Mars bar. We then got some tour t-shirts so we could never forget this night. We then looked at our tickets and our seats were in gate 3.

Patrick and I made our way to gate 3 and showed our tickets to one of the staff members. We were 3rd row from the front on the balcony and I think I nearly fainted when I saw our seats. We were so close I think we would nearly be able to touch Ed Sheeran.

The show soon started and I was fan girling so hard when I saw his face and guitar walk out onto the stage.

1 hour and a half later Ed was saying goodbye to all the fans and started to play his final song which was my favourite, don't.

Once it finished we were very slow getting out of the arena and were stuck in extremely heavy traffic.

It took us about an hour to get back to my house where I couldn't stop thanking Patrick and he just kept saying it was ok. I got out of the car and said another quick goodbye before Patrick began to drive back to his house.

When I entered the house all the lights were off so I assumed Mackenzie was asleep. I quickly and quietly made my way to my room where I got changed into my pyjamas and put my phone on charger and went to sleep.