Tantalizing Emotions

Kageyama's POV
Since that day had happened, Hinata had been avoiding me in and around school. He even started asking Sugawara to set to him instead of me. I had to serve to Tanaka instead - it's not that I mind! I guess I just... miss Hinata's smile every time one of our serves go well.... But I'd never admit that out loud!!

We were currently in practice awaiting for our game against Aoba Johsai to start. I was expecting Hinata to come up to me and ask me to practice our quick again but he never did. Yet again I ended up serving to Tanaka, Daichii, Tsukkishima and Asahi as they practiced their synchronized attack before the game. I wasn't happy but I shouldn't complain really - I mean I am the team's setter not just Hinata's. They need practice with my sets too. However I kept getting distracted as orange kept whizzing past my peripheral vision as the dumbass chased after Sugawara's sets. No matter how much I was against it, my head kept turning to watch him practice, each time I see him practically flying making my heart leap out of my chest as it beat faster and faster.

I snapped out of my trance when I heard a sudden "Kageyama watch out!" Causing me to look up only to receive a ball straight to my face. Falling to the floor, I gripped my face with my hand, feeling a small trickle of blood falling from my nose. With one eye squeezed shut, I looked up in pain to see Kiyoko walking up to me with medical equipment. She helped me up along with Daichii as I glanced over to see Hinata a small distance away looking at the floor nervously as he stood next to Sugawara.

After sitting down on the bench for a while with my head back as I pressed a cold flannel to my nose, the blood eventually stopped, but not before the game had started. I was only just able to watch from the sidelines as the first five serves were taken. We managed to get two out of the five points....

Taking the compress off my nose and moving my head, I felt a little dizzy but there was no more blood. Coach said I could go onto the court after Kiyoko had patched me up, meaning I had to wait even longer, stressing me out more as Aoba Johsai won their fourth point. I tapped my foot impatiently as Kiyoko placed a securing bandage over the bridge of my nose. Finally she let me go and I swapped with Suga. However before I went onto the court Suga whispered into my ear: "Make sure you set to Hinata too. I don't know what's happened between you guys but you're on the court now. Leave it at the door until it's over." My eyes widened in shock at his words. But he's right. I had to forget my feelings for now. I had to concentrate. At the whistle I stepped onto the court and it was my turn to serve.
I stood at the back of the court, holding the ball as I stared at the back of Hinata's head who was currently on the front row. I wished I could've been stood next to him right now but I know that we're in a game and I have to focus. I just hope it's as easy done as it is said.
I snapped front my trance at the sound of the whistle. I held the ball to my chest, taking a deep breath - asking for Shinryaku to grant me her power - before throwing it in the air, preparing for my jump serve. I ran forward following the ball - jumping at the right time before slamming the ball so hard it ricocheted on the other side of the court. The whistle blew indicating that it was inside the court but everyone was silent. Deadly silent. My team and the other team stared at me with bulging eyes. I just shrugged but jumped out my skin at the sudden eruption of applause as everyone ran to me screaming and congratulating me.
Thanks Shinryaku for lending me your power. I knew it wasn't the full blast of her power, but I was thankful for the small boost that she allowed me. The score was now 4-3 to Aoba Johsai. And I wasn't planning on giving up yet.

I received another ball, bouncing it on the floor more determined now, forgetting about my troubles off the court for the time being as I awaited the whistle. As it sounded, I threw the ball in the air yet again, running after it before jumping high and slamming it onto the other side yet again - winning us another point tying up the scores.

It was my third serve when Aoba Johsai finally received it, an actually volley finally taking place.

Time skip
The game continued and we lost the first set. It frustrated me but I had yet to serve to Hinata and perform our quick. I could see him still running for the ball despite him ignoring me for the past three days, but I just couldn't bring myself to serve to him. It wasn't long before my old Senpai, Oikawa picked up on that. That's what caused us to lose the first set. I was stood by the bench, gripping my bottle tightly in frustration and confusion - still annoyed as to why he was ignoring me, still confused as to what it was I did wrong, still conflicted about what it was I felt every time I looked at him every time I thought about his sparkling bronze eyes every time one of one quicks landed and about his smile that shined brighter than the sun itself when I agreed to toss to him late at night. I just couldn't get the dumbass out my head and my heart was struggling to take this feeling when it still didn't know what it was inside my head.

I was so lost in thought I hadn't noticed tears starting to fall down my face or that fact that Suga had come up to me to wipe said tears off my cheeks.
"Come with me a second." I followed him wordlessly to a corner away from the rest of the team.

"You have to tell me what's happened." I felt like I had no choice but to briefly explain that night to him (leaving out the detail about who exactly our companions were) and how since then we hadn't spoken a word to each other. That no matter how much I tried to get his attention he would just flee and avoid me.

Once Sugawara finally understood what was wrong with me I expected him to say something like 'Pull yourself together' or 'Come on you're best friends you'll figure it out eventually' but neither of those came. What did come though, was laughing. I raised an eyebrow at him confused at his reaction.
He quickly calmed down though as he placed a hand on my shoulder.
"It's called a crush Kageyama." I instantly felt my body stiffen and my face heat up. A crush? Surely he was joking. But the sincere look in his eyes proved me wrong. A crush huh?

How strange.