Predetor's Prey

Hinata's POV
My pace slowed as I ran out the school gates and into the dimly lit streets. The tears refused to stop spilling from my eyes. I couldn't believe him.
"How could he?! How could he still say I'm his last choice of spikers? After everything we've been through. After everything I trusted with him! That- that DAMNED BASTARD!!" My voice cracked as I yelled at no one in particular, streams upon streams of tears leaving my eyes no matter how much I tried to wipe them away.

"T-that damned... bastard..." I suddenly collapsed onto my knees, ignoring the searing pain as the concrete scratched my skin. Itazura had taken to flying above me as I broke down, curled up into a ball in the middle of the streets a small ways from the school. I didn't care that I'd left my things at the club room. They'd still be there tomorrow. I just remained on my knees, bawling as my chest began to ache - my breath hitching as I felt my heart cracking further and further, close to shattering all together. I'd had enough!

"I'M SICK OF THE LIES!" Without thinking I slammed my fists into the concrete floor, hearing a faint crack as a sharp pain shot through my pinkie finger on my left hand. But I didn't care anymore.
"It's all I've ever been told! I'm sick of being hurt. I- I can't... t-take it anymore...." My tears were now painting the ground beneath me as my body shook violently.

Itazura flew down and landed on my shoulder, a soft caw leaving her beak as she gently nuzzled her head against my temple. It was comforting but it wasn't enough to stop how I was feeling. Not this time.

"All my life... I-I've been lied to..., used..., t-torn apart from the inside... I-I can't c-carry on like this anymore... I- I can't handle the pain anymore..." I could feel my body shaking, ignoring all sounds and other feelings around me, focusing on Kageyama's and my father's words continuously swirling around in my head. And as of now... I was starting to believe the insults.

I am a dumbass.

I am weak.

I am pathetic.

Alone I'm nothing.

I'm nothing without the team.

Without Kageyama.

And he broke me.... he shattered all hope I had left of a normal life....

I hadn't even realised Itazura was now airborne behind me, squawking protectively at someone approaching me.
I was so busy wallowing in self pity that I was oblivious to everything.

That was until-

I felt a hand clamp over my mouth and nose as another hand gripped the back of my neck.
I instantly began thrashing frantically, releasing muffled screams trying to get whoever it was off me.
My thrashing resulted in my elbow connecting hard with the person's face - a grunt of pain following as he dropped me onto the floor. Instantly I began scurrying away, stumbling to my feet as I heard Itazura pecking the person's head.
I thought I'd be okay and escape until I suddenly heard a pained caw followed by the shaking of the fence beside us. Without thinking I skidded to a halt and turned around spotting Itazura, flapping wildly on the floor.

I was about to run over and help her, until my sights fell upon the person who had attacked me.

My eyes widened and I instantly paled when I saw him.
That pale orange hair. Those rose tattoos running from its neck to its wrist. Those striking yellow eyes. That sickening glare. The dark aura surrounding it. The long Black Mamba wrapped around its other arm, her piercing orange eyes glaring at me as her forked tongue occasionally flickered in my direction menacingly.

I was frozen. I couldn't move at all. Of all faces I never wanted to see again it was that of my father's and his companion.
And yet here they stood before me, anticipation the right moment to attack next.

We stayed silent, a street lamp flickering on the other side of the street, as a low rumble began to echo in the distance. A storm was brewing.

"W-what do you want from me?" My voice was weak as I choked out the question. Shivers were sent down my spine when a lowly chuckle escaped his lips.
"Oh my dear Shoyou. You should know exactly what I want from you." His voice started out sickening sweet and charming, but when he continued it became dark and threatening.
"I've come to put you back in your place. You're such a selfish little boy. How dare you imprison someone who was doing something as innocent as having a little father-son time. How dare you imprison someone who only wanted what was best for you. How dare you replace me for some lanky shithead king that can't even keep one simple promise! YOU BELONG TO ME SHOYOU!"

My eyes widened and shook as my body began to slowly back away from the monster before me, a second rumble echoing, sounding much closer than the last before it was followed by weak lightning flash.
I'm sorry Itazura - find help when you can!

Instantly I turned and bolted on the opposite direction, but my escape was cut short when a sharp "Sick em!" followed by an explosive sharp pain in my ankle caused me to trip and stumble onto the ground.

I yelled in pain when I felt my forehead hit the concrete hard before rolling as my cheek skidded across the concrete.
Fresh tears burned the new cuts and scraped as I lay fighting unconsciousness crumpled on the ground yet another rumble echoing, getting closer and closer by the minute.

My ears picked up on footsteps before my blurry vision noticed two steel toe capped boots in front of my face.

My voice cracked- "T-Tobio.... H-help me...."

But instead of a miracle I received a cold reply.
"Say bye bye to your Jaguar. Daddy is feasting on his Crow tonight-" and with a swift kick to my nose, I blacked out my last thought being 'Find Tobio.... Itazura..'