Morning Cuddles

Kageyama's POV
I stayed awake for the next forty five minutes, just enjoying the warmth and the silence surrounding me and Hinata. My fingers continued to tangle in his as my other hand rested on his hip softly. My chin and nose were buried into his neck, his scent flooding my nose and overwhelming me with a sense of calmness. But that calmness was in a constant battle with the guilt that still lingered in my body. The guilt over everything he'd been through and not being there to protect him as I promised over the weekend when I first found out about his childhood. And yet here I lay, still cuddling him despite not protecting him from measly kids who thought this bright sunshine had taken me away from them. Dickheads. I never knew them and yet they have the nerve to say something to a ball of sunshine that was never true before beating him?! It made me sick to the stomach. I felt my fingers start to clench into fists as the anger started to take over, the calmness slowly seeping out of my body as last night's conversation rattled in my head.

"But now I have you. Someone I can trust and unload to. Someone who I know will protect me from anything."
"So thank you Tobio. For giving me a second chance at life."

The fact that my little ball of sunshine could still say that to someone who had broken a promise so quickly after making it just made me feel unworthy and pathetic. I don't deserve Hinata. I don't deserve his bright smile that showed determination and confidence despite his traumatic past. I don't deserve someone who was so quick to forgive. Who was so innocent and still bright despite his dark secret. Who still woke up every morning despite the huge weight he carried on his shoulders. Had it been myself, I'd have given up a long time ago.... Had it been myself, I wouldn't be here today doing what I love and hugging the person I wake up for every morning. But here I lay, cuddling with the person who kept going. Who said it was going to get better. And I couldn't be prouder of him. Because now it's my turn. It's my turn to make him feel safe again.

I got startled a little when I felt Hinata shift slightly, a small groan leaving his lips as he moved his head to look up at my face with one opened eye. My facial features instantly became softer as I looked back down at his adorable morning face. He always looked that much cuter in the morning with a tired look and messier than usual hair framing his perfect red-tinted skin.

"Morning Dumbass." I greeted with a somewhat smug look.
"M'ning Baka-yama..." My spiker replied before a kitten-like yawn left his mouth. I blushed a little. I'll never wrap my head around how cute and adorable and fluffy he is. I hugged him a little, pulling his head into my neck as I gently kissed his cheek, feeling his arms and legs wrap around my torso as if he was trapping me to the bed.

We stayed like this for a while in silence just listening to the sounds of each other's breathing, enjoying each other's warmth. I'll admit, I could get used to mornings like this.
I wanted to stay cuddled like this forever, starting to fall asleep myself before I practically jumped out of my skin as two separate alarms went off at once.
Both Hinata and I groaned internally as we rolled over and reached for our phones in the bedside table, turning off our respective alarms before going back to cuddling again, me lying on my back with my arms wrapped around the ginger Male that lay above me, still wrapped around my torso.

We stayed in silence again for a few more minutes until a soft knock was heard at my door, followed by a voice.
"Tobio? Hinata? It's time to get up or you'll be late for your practice." My mother's voice was calm and sounded more awake than both me and Shoyou combined.

I yawned before answering. "We're up Mom... we'll down in a few minutes." I listened to the sound of her footsteps walking away and walking down the stairs before sighing.
"Well she's right. Come on we need to get up."
I stated to my spiker but he just groaned tiredly in response.
"Noooo.... comfy Kage-kitty..." I blushed and was taken aback by the name.
"Who now?"
He shifted above me and looked up to face me, chin resting on my chest.
"I called you Kage-kitty. Because you're warm and soft and you purr when you sleep." This time any blush deepened ever redder are his explanation.... Do I actually purr when I sleep?... I had no idea...
"S-shut up Dumbass... l-let's get ready for practice..." I averted my gaze and rolled over, purposely making Hinata roll onto the floor with a thud, the audible "oof" that followed making me snicker.
"Baka! Why would you do that?! You're lucky I didn't land on my shoulder or anything." He whined as I popped my head over the side of the bed.
"You're fine relax." I replied before grinning and standing, holding my hand out to help him up. He took my hand and stood up before running his fingers over his shoulder, releasing Itazura from her confines.
I let out a short sharp whistle in response, looking away a little as the blinding light died down revealing Shinryaku.

I kneeled down and began fussing over my Jaguar, scratching behind her ears and rubbing the sides of her face. I looked up as I ran my hand over the length of her back watching as Hinata gently muzzled his cheek against Itazura's beak as he limped over to his bag and pulled out a bird treat and feeding it to her. Her wings flapped slightly in delight.

Guilt hit me again but I chose to ignore it as I stood up and faced the ginger Male fully as Shinryaku gently nuzzled against my calf.
"Are you sure it's a good idea revealing her?" I questioned.
"Well considering you're companion is also a legend I'm sure I can trust your mother not to say word about my legendary companion." Hinata shrugged as he turned around, Itazura now nestled amongst his ginger locks.
"Yeah true. My mom will understand." My heart melted when I saw a close eyed smile resting upon his features. He's too bright and innocent for this world I swear.

"I think it's time to get ready now." Hinata stated as he began his hunt around my room looking for his clothes.
I nodded before joining in the search for my own clothes. I smiled to myself, hoping I could wake up to that ball of sunshine everyday for the rest of my life.