Unpredicted Happiness

Hinata's POV
After changing, Tobio and I made our way downstairs, our respective companions following behind us as we entered the kitchen where Mrs. Kageyama was finishing up cooking breakfast.
"Morning mom." Tobio greeted as he sat down, me sitting in the seat beside him as Itazura rested on my shoulder. I'll admit I felt a little nervous but I guess it's to be expected. I'm meeting my boyfriend's mother for the first time.
She turned around with two plates filled with origini and placed them on the table in front of us.
"Good morning Tobio. Hinat-" she cut herself off which made me confused. Looking at her a little closely I noticed her looking at my shoulder. I blushed a little guessing she was shocked to see her son's boyfriend also had a legendary companion.
"Um mom?" Tobio spoke up but didn't get an answer.
"I-is that-..... I-Itazura?" Mrs. Kageyama asked, her voice barely more than a whisper. I nodded to confirm her question.
She suddenly smiled widely as she turned around to grab her own plate of origini and joined us at the table.
"Tobio why didn't you tell me your boyfriend had the other legendary companion?" Her voice sounded chirpy and she seemed like a nice person. I sighed a little in relief before starting to dig into my first origini.
"W-well it wasn't really my place to reveal that secret to you. It's Hinata's. He said he could trust you because you've gone through the same thing with me and Shinryaku." I looked over at Kageyama, cheeked puffed as they were filled with the food - which might I add was amazing.

"I suppose you're right. So Hinata-San, I assume my Tobio has been treating you well?" I almost choked a little as I swallowed the mouthful I had before answering her.
"Y-yeah he's been r-really protective and caring and loving but he still calls me names but I don't mind I call him names too! It's something we've done when we first found out we were in the same volleyball team." I blushed a little at my rambling my nerves still getting the best of me. I felt Itazura gently nuzzle her cheeks against mine as I felt a warm hand wrap around the hand resting on my knee. I glanced over to Tobio, noticing he was also sporting a slight blush. It relaxed me a little.

"I see. Well it's nice to hear that you two are best friends as well as lovers. I'm happy for you both." I smiled genuinely at her response with my close eyes smile before going back to happily munching on my origini, eyes practically lighting up at how good the food tasted.

"Tobio never let him go." I froze a little and looked over at Mrs. Kageyama before looking over to my boyfriend noticing him looking at me with a blush and a loving smile on his face.
"I don't plan to." I practically shrunk in my seat as I continued to eat my food, blush now scarlet as I heard a few chuckles coming from the Kageyama's.

The three of us finished eating up before Tobio and I got our things ready and placing Itazura and Shinryaku back into their tattoo forms before we left for school.
"Hinata you got something-" I turned to face my boyfriend only to receive his tongue lick just next to my lip, my eyes widening and yet another blush coming to my face.
I looked up at him shocked and caught off guard.
"You had rice on you." Kageyama simply stated with a smug grin before opening the door and walking out, me stiffly following behind still shocked at how smooth his actions had been. I wish I was tall enough to do that to him....

We walked (well I limped a little) in a comfortable silence, holding hands with my head resting against his arm ( since I can't reach his shoulder.) But it wasn't long before I started to feel like we were being watched. I started to feel uneasy and unconsciously gripped Kageyama's hand a little tighter. He just squeezed my hand back, looking down at me with a soft smile on his lips.
It didn't ease the feeling. The rest of the way to the gym I kept turning my head and glancing around to see if I could spot anyone but didn't see anything. Kageyama probably noticed my behaviour as his arm was wrapped tightly around my waist by the time we arrived outside the club room.

We were early as usual, so I leaned my arms on the railings outside the door, Kageyama's arms wrapped around my waist, his face buried in my neck. I felt safer now we were at school and that he was practically engulfing me in a hug. But I still couldn't shake the feeling that we were being watched.

We stayed in that position for a bit until Tanaka, Nishinoya, Sugawara, Daichi and Asahi showed up.
"Hey love birds! Nice to see you're not worn out." Tanaka called out with a snicker in his tone. Kageyama removed an arm from my waist and flipped him off, face still buried in my neck.

"Well that's no way to treat your senpais Kageyama-kun!" Noya replied with a huff. I couldn't help but snicker when I heard Suga, Daichi and Asahi sigh in unison.

~~~~~

Eventually all of the team were inside the gym warming up preparing to practice. I'll admit I was finding it difficult to stretch because of my injuries but I gritted my teeth and pushed past it. I could tell Kageyama was watching me worriedly the whole time and I kept throwing a few smiles at him as to try and reassure him I was okay. I don't think it worked as well as I expected...

But regardless we went through volleyball practice as normal. Thankfully we weren't practicing quick attacks until afternoon practice so I didn't have to worry about jumping and hurting my ankle more. But I'll admit my shoulder was murdering me. I could barely move it in circles whilst heading back to the club room to change into my uniform. I jumped out of my skin when I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my waist, relaxing when I looked up to see Kageyama looking at me.

"Are you alright?" He asked in a somewhat quiet voice.
"Eh just a sore shoulder. I'll be fine." I smiled reassuringly at him as we entered the club room.
He ruffled my hair making me giggle a little and the earlier feeling from this morning had vanished completely.
I finally felt relaxed and safe for once in my entire life. And it was all thanks to my setter.

Who would've guessed?