The Final Ruling - Part 2

Kageyama's POV
My heart was racing. My head was pounding. My legs felt weak. I was practically dragging myself back into that dreaded room.  All noise had been blocked out as I was escorted back or the box. My eyes remained trained on the ground even as I sat down. I couldn't bare to bring myself to look at him. To just look at the person who I hurt most. To just glance at the one person who finally cracked me out of my king-like shell. That bright sun that no longer burned its brightest. That baby crow that no longer flew high anymore. My precious Shouyo Hinata...

My head snapped up, upon suddenly hearing the sound of a door opening as I finally came back to reality. I gulped nervously watching as the jury and the judge sat in their seats, stone cold and unreadable expressions on their faces. Silence fell across the room as we waited for them to speak.

The judge spoke first.
"After reviewing the case and a previous case that has also involved the victim of this crime, the jury has come to a decision. A unanimous decision has come about due to these three main factors. The victim was a criminal for misuse of alcohol, through child abuse, domestic violence and sexual harassment. The victim has once been imprisoned and had been able to escape previously. The defendant was not in control of himself or his mind. Jury if you please can you give your final decision."

The judge fell silence as the spokesperson from the jury stood up and began to speak. "Due to these three factors and a few other aspects the jury has decided that the defendant is-"

My heart pounded through all of this. I could hardly concentrate. My head throbbed in anticipation. I could feel my knuckles turning white as they gripped the edge of my blazer. I held my breath when I heard the spokesperson continue.

"- Not guilty under the defence of Loss of Control."

I let out the breath I was holding looking to the floor with relief. But I still refused to smile. I couldn't. Because this case was still far from over. At least for me it was.

~Time Skip~

Hinata's POV
It was over. It was finally over. And he was free. He could come home. Come back. He could finally return to volleyball. Return to me. As soon as we were dismissed I practically sprinted out the court hall and out into the fresh air, despite my limp. I peeled off my blazer because of how sweaty I was before looking up into the sky.
"I knew it. I knew it wasn't his fault.  I knew it all along!" I practically screamed as I felt tears prick my eyes.

"I'm glad that's over-" Daichi spoke as he stepped outside with Suga in tow holding his hand.

I whirled around and instantly rushed to them and hugged them tightly. "Thank you, thank you. I- gwah! I have no other words." I was so overjoyed that it was over.

"Oh Hinata it's fine. We're glad we could help." Suga said patting my head. I was so relieved.

Eventually more and more people left the building and hugged me, my mother standing behind me along with Mrs. Kageyama whilst everyone else left after saying well done and congratulations.
I waited with baited breath as I watched the door for Kageyama.

After what felt like forever he finally walked out. His cheeks red and his eyes swollen - making it look like he'd been crying. His entire demeanour looked different as he squinted at the light.
I felt tears form in my eyes as I looked at him walking out the building a free man. I watched as he froze upon seeing me. Without thinking I ran forward as best as I could with my limp, the tears now falling down my cheeks. I didn't care if our mother's were watching, at this moment in time I needed him. I finally had him back and I wasn't going to let him go. Not again.

I let out a soft cry as I collided into his chest, knocking the both of us into the floor.
My arms flew around him making me drop the blazer and I hugged him tightly, my face burying into his chest.

"You're back. You're finally back~" I sobbed between my tears as I clutched him as if he would disintegrate at any minute.

It was a while before I finally felt arms wrapped around me and a nose nuzzling in my hair. The long forgotten feeling was finally there again. That safe warmth I thought I'd never feel again. It was finally wrapped around me. He was finally in my arms again as I was in his. I pulled away and looked at his face with tear stained cheeked and a weak smile on my lips.

"Boke you could've broken a bone." I let out a soft chuckle when I finally heard his voice. That deep voice that sent chills down my spine. I saw a smile on Kageyama's lips with his own fresh tears pricking his eyes as he looked down at me.

"I'm so happy you're back. I thought I'd never see you again. I- my heart was just, bwah and thud and I could hardly breathe during that whole thing I-" I began to ramble before my eyes widened feeling soft lips pressing against my own.

After the initial shock, I closed my eyes and kissed back, my lips tingling again as my hands unconsciously moved to wrap around Tobio's neck. I missed this. I missed this feeling. I missed him. I missed him so much.

It wasn't long and it wasn't rough, but the passion and love behind the kiss still remained as we pulled away. My lips continued to tingle as I felt my cheeks flush.
"B-Baka-Yama." I stuttered out trying to be mad and failing miserably.
I was met with a soft chuckle coming from my setter before I felt my hair get ruffled.

My heart swelled as my chest grew warm. We were finally back together. And I knew it wouldn't be long before we returned to being the freak duo we were always meant to be.

I've never felt so relieved and happy in my entire life.