Beginning of a Fantasy

Hinata's POV
The next morning seemed to come too quickly. Thankfully, I didn't have another nightmare for the rest of the night but I still felt exhausted. I actually felt awful. My body was shaking and I felt like I was sleeping in the arctic. Even despite the many layers, Tobio's, Shinryaku's and Itazura's warmth I still felt so cold. My teeth were chattering and I'm sure that's what it was that woke Kageyama up. I was lying on top of him as his arms wrapped around my waist. My ears could barely make out what he was saying.

"Hey Hinata are you- why are you so warm?" I didn't answer - or more like I couldn't answer. My voice was practically gone as I tried to open my mouth but it felt dry and scratchy. I felt like shit - I won't lie.

I sighed softly in relief when I felt Kageyama's cool hand being gently placed on my forehead. My body picked up on him gasping with worry. "You've got a temperature. You can't go to school like this!" He pushed me off as I practically rolled over to the wall and curled up in the tightest ball I could trying to make myself feel warmer. Although according to Tobio, I was scorching. Great.....

I heard Itazura squawk softly with worry above me and I felt Shinryaku gently nuzzle my leg with her nose.
I rolled over - wincing in pain as my body ached all over. I opened one eye to see Tobio looking at me with a worried gaze. Honestly, I've seen more expressions and emotions out of him in the last two days than I have in the last two weeks. It was shocking. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't like this side of him. I hated seeing him worry about a dumbass like me so I attempted to speak.

"I-...I'll be....Al-Alright..." I swallowed thickly, my throat burning after speaking. While it was only a simple sentence, just saying it in this state took a lot out of me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it before handing it to Kageyama.

"C-...Call m-my.... M-mother so... She doesn't.. w-worry..." I knew she'd worry anyway when she finds out I got sick and I was too exhausted and dead to go home and rest, but I'd rather have Kageyama tell her the situation so at least she's not panicking for the next twenty four hours.

Kageyama's POV
I took the phone from Hinata understanding his worry for his mother. Although I'll be honest, I'm not good with words so I'm kinda scared on how this is going to go. I searched through his phone until I found his contacts and looked for the contact that said 'Mom' - dialling it once I found it. I put it on speaker so he could hear what she was saying. It rang a couple of times until a soft voice spoke out through the phone.

"Oh Shoyou honey good morning." I glanced at Shoyou not really sure what to say but I was greeted with a pale face that looked like death warmed up and I'll admit it was kinda scary yet worrying to see a person who is usually so bubbly so out of it. I cleared my throat and spoke up.

"Ah- Hello Mrs Hinata, this is Tobio Kageyama, Shoyou's team mate." It upset me calling myself his team mate after what happened last night between us, but we weren't even sure ourselves yet so I kept quiet.

"Oh Kageyama, where's Shoyou then?" She asked her voice evidently showing an increased concern for her son.
"He's at my place, I'm sure he told you last night. He wanted me to call you to - inform? you that he has a temperature." I spoke, tripping up over my words as I explained.
"Oh my baby! Is he alright? What happened?!" It made me jealous that the dumbass actually had a caring mother but I put my feelings aside for now. Right now he was the one that needed comfort not me.
"He's fine Miss. He just didn't sleep very well last night and I'm guessing he didn't dry off properly after showering after our volleyball practice. I'm sure it's nothing major." I lied, knowing full well it was the stress he'd been under as of late that caused him to catch a fever.
"I see. Well please take care of him Kageyama. Thankfully today isn't a school day so you won't be missing out on much either."
"I will Miss-"
"Please call me Anze"
"I will... Anze."
"Good. Goodbye." And with that she hung up. I placed Shoyou's phone on the counter. Knowing that we were both going to miss our weekend practice, I sat down on the floor beside the bed, taking note that the dumbass had quickly drifted to sleep during the phone call. Taking out my phone, I pulled up Daichii's contact and messaged him.

Hey Captain, Hinata caught a fever so
neither of us will be at practice this weekend.

Okay Tobio, let him rest and make sure he's hydrated.

I sighed when he sent the message, resting my arms on my knees and turning my phone off. However it suddenly buzzed making me curious.
Unlocking it I looked at the message from Daichii:

And no funny business, K? ;)
(Suga)

I blushed at Sugawara's sudden comment, practically launching my phone to the other side of the room. Why would he even suggest that?! I mean yeah we kissed twice - but they don't know that and we aren't even dating yet! At least... I don't think we are as of yet. I turned around to look at him. Shinryaku lay her head on my lap, so I gently stroked behind her ear, her purrs soft and calming. Itazura suddenly flew over from the window and perched on my shoulder. I turned my head to look at her. Looking at her this close, the galaxy that was rumoured to be in her eyes was bright and really shiny. I found myself getting lost in her eyes, the colours mixing in a spectacular way and the flecks of white representing the stars making them all the more majestic. They reminded me a lot of Hinata's eyes. While the colours were different, the way the browns and oranges mixed together to create a strong bronze glaze, the shining of happiness that's often there when were score or win a match making them seem so detailed and extremely easy to get lost in.

I turned my gaze back to the orange haired male on my bed, noticing very small features I hadn't seemed to notice before. His face seemed much smoother and calmer now he was asleep and not worrying about his father's torture. They way his hair fell across his face was so angelic, but it pointed out a few strands of darker tones layered through-out making it looked like a waterfall of amber liquid falling down his face. He looked absolutely stunning. I couldn't peel my eyes away no matter how much I wanted to. He just seemed to be perfect.

I stood up, Shinryaku leaning up off my lap and Itazura squawking from the suddeness as she flapped her wings and landed on Shinryaku's back. I climbed into bed in front of him, curling up with him above the covers, his warmth unnatural but it was nice. I gently kissed the top of his forehead, blushing as thoughts as to what Sugawara warned me not to do, began to fill my head.

With the thoughts of him moaning out my name, as his face spelled pure ecstasy, I slowly drifted to sleep, not thinking about what pain I was going to wake up to when I woke up.