One Last Hope

(A/N: Akumi/a means Devil in Japanese. I decided it best to name Shoyou's father that as it seemed appropriate.)

Third Person POV
"Good Girl Chudoku." Akumi's deep voice echoed as he watched his son lie limp on the ground, covered in blood and tears. Another rumble sounded, much closer to the area now, shortly followed by a blinding flash of lightning painting the sky. The Black Mamba slithered over to Akumi's now out stretched arm and climbed onto it, wrapping around the length of the forearm before slowly sinking and melting into the skin as she transformed into her tattoo form. Once she was settled, Akumi roughly picked up Shoyou and slung him over his shoulder, beginning his trek to his hidden home that he saved for emergencies. As he walked, rain began to fall from the dark clouds hovering over them, pattering on the concrete around the two. The further he walked the more soaked the boy and the male became. Shoyou's hair went flat and hung over the sides of his face, now dripping with droplets; his thin clothes heavy with water as Akumi's hair stuck to the sides of his face as he continued to carry his son. His free hand moved to the boy's behind before giving it a rough squeeze, a sickening grin on his face as his eyes flashed with eagerness. Whilst he enjoyed taking advantage of his unconscious son in the past, he refrained himself from doing any more until he awoke. He wasn't going to let his needs get in the way of his real task. Putting his son back into place. Forcing him to submit to his father who was forever innocent. Akumi licked his top lip as a small snarl escaped his throat as he dropped his hand from Shoyou's behind, entering the abandoned cabin a little ways behind Kageyama's house - awaiting his son to awaken.

Meanwhile Kageyama was searching in the streets frantically, ignoring the rain and the storm as Itazura flew rapidly above him and Shinryaku ran ahead of him, sniffing out the scent of the orange haired male. A low growl rumbled in her throat when she came upon scent of blood nearby.
"What is it girl?" Kageyama asked worried as he heard his companion growl threateningly.
He followed her as she continued to sniff out the male and track the scent of the blood, before pausing to sniff at the ground as her growl deepened.

Kageyama stopped beside her and kneeled down, patting her head as a thank you. He studied the ground, noticing the blood slowly washing away with the rain that had drenched the three of them.
Itazura flew down and landed on the setter's shoulder, a worried caw escaping her beak.

Kageyama's POV
My stomach flipped as I noticed the blood, fury and rage building inside me. "God damn it!! He beat me to him!" A few tears started to fall down my cheeks as the frustration of possibly being too late overwhelmed my mind.
I felt Shinryaku nuzzle my arm as Itazura nuzzled my cheek but it just pissed me off even more. Without thinking I suddenly whacked the creatures' faces and pushed them away.
"Fuck off! He's gone okay?! Stop trying to make me feel better!" My voice cracked with anger as I glared at the Jaguar and the Crow. My head fell into my hands as I began to cry harder.

It was all over. I lost him. I lost my Shoyou Hinata. Simply because I couldn't change. I'm still the same tyrant king. The same bastard that couldn't keep his promise. The same idiot that let his emotions control him. The same dumbass that drove away his sunshine.
The rain had gotten heavier but I didn't care. I just remained knelt on the floor, crying as the rain drenched my hair and soaked me to the bone because of my thin clothing.

It's finally time to give up. Or at least that what I thought before I felt talons grip my head, another pair of talons grip my shoulder and claws scratch at my bare skin on my leg followed by someone speaking.
"Hinata wouldn't want you to give up yet Kageyama."

My head snapped up seeing Sugawara walking towards me. I glanced to look at my shoulder getting a ball of white feathers in my vision as his snowy owl - Tenshi - flapped her pure white wings in my face and cooed.
I glanced up noticing Itazura's beak above me, before glancing down to see Shinryaku with her claws dug into my leg.

I looked back at Suga who was now stood in front of me.
"He's still out there. I can sense it. He needs you now more than ever Kageyama. You can't give up yet. Because I won't, and neither will our companions." I looked into his eyes, noticing the striking determination in them as he looked down at me, holding a hand out.
Looking around I saw the same determination reflecting in Itazura's galaxy eyes, Shinryaku's purple orbs and Tenshi's golden eyes. Sugawara was right. I couldn't give up yet. Or I'd forever remain powerless and unworthy to call myself the Jaguar's companion and Hinata's boyfriend. I looked back at the third year with new found hope as I took his hand and stood onto my feet.
"Will you help me?" My voice sounded more confident as I spoke, staring back at Suga with my own striking determination.

"Anything to help our teams baby crow and big ball of sunshine." Suga replied as Tenshi flew from my shoulder to his.
I nodded as a thank you before turning to Shinryaku and kneeling down.
"Alright Shinryaku, time to test that scent of yours." I slipped off my now soaked jacket, hoping she could pick up the faint trace of Hinata's scent on it.

Me and Sugawara watched in anticipation as Shinryaku sniffed the jacket for a few seconds before pointing her nose to the concrete.
It was silent baring the sound of the rain and thunder still surrounding the area but it wasn't long before a low growl was heard.
"Found something girl?" Shinryaku looked at me before turning her head and started running down the street.

"Let's go Suga!" I yelled following after her as Itazura and Tenshi flew above us, keeping a sharp eye out for any trace of Shoyou and his kidnapper.

I just hope we're not too late to save him.