Second Conflict

Kageyama's POV
Just like it had been with our game against Aoba Johsai, Karasuno lost the first set with a miserable 16-25. Those cats literally wiped the floor with us, but that's not what I'm most concerned about at the moment. Throughout the whole game I noticed Hinata hadn't been jumping like he usually did. Every time I sent a set to him his face seemed to be contorted in pain and every time he was shut down by Nekoma's blockers because he was slower that usual and was completely readable. During our half time break, I noticed him limping again as he went to the corner of the gym to stretch - yet again noticing his face twist into one that screamed pain. So I did what any caring boyfriend would do and jogged over to him as he spread his legs wide on the floor and stretched his body in order to reach his left foot. 

"Hey Shoyou are you okay?" I asked as I bent down to match his eye level. 
"I said I'm fine Kageyama-" His tone shocked me. I-It was cold... Like colder than mine was when we first met each other back in middle school. My eyes widened. 
"You don't sound or look fine...." I admitted. All I got was a glare that almost physically dug daggers into my back. For once I was actually scared. I was worried; really worried. 
"Did something happen to you?" I was hesitant to ask but I had to. Hinata moved to bend in the opposite direction, now reaching for his right foot. 
"No nothing now leave me alone." 

I physically felt my heart shatter. H-he wanted me to leave?.... This isn't the same tiny carrot top full of energy I fell in love with. This.... This right in front of me was a hollow shell of what he was. A dead carcass. And it scared me, because I didn't know why. I stood up, physically shaking. I noticed him follow suit, and was about to leave until I suddenly noticed a large bruise forming on his side as his t-shirt lifted whilst he was taking a sip of his drink. 
"What happened to you?" My voice was weak I could tell but I couldn't change it. 
"Nothing okay? Will you get off my case?" his voice was raised and I knew it had caught the attention of a few others in the room but I ignored them. 
Now I was starting to get annoyed because it was clear he was hiding something from me. So without thinking I gripped his wrists and pinned him to the nearest wall. I felt him struggle against the restraints but I held my ground. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you Kageyama?! Get the fuck off me!" He yelled, still trying to pull himself out of my grip. But I finally snapped, gaining every single person's attention. 
"No Hinata, what the fuck is wrong is wrong with you?! It's clear you're hiding something from me and I'm not letting go until you tell me the fucking truth!" I was breathing heavily at this point because of my yelling, but I continued when he looked away from me. 
"Damn it Hinata answer-" 
"I walked into a table and fell okay?!" Hinata suddenly screamed back. The room fell deathly silent for several minutes. It was so quiet you could hear the birds chirping outside. I knew he was still lying to me, I could tell by his eyes. But I let go of his wrists and stood up straight, hiding my eyes with my bangs as I walked away from him and headed back to the court. 

From that moment until the end of the practice games, the atmosphere was tense. Hardly anyone spoke during the games, no one cheered when they scored a point and Hinata had the bare minimum of sets thrown to him from me. I ended up getting swapped out for Sugawara towards the end of the first set of our second game and I wasn't allowed back in. The entire time my body was tense and watching from the sidelines, I physically winced whenever I saw Hinata's face contort in pain whenever he jumped, most of the time clutching his side and his right shoulder when he was waiting to be swapped back in during rotations. Neither of us looked at each other for rest of the practice. Each time I noticed him cringing in pain, I felt my heart shatter more, knowing if I tried to help he'd shut me down again. I feel useless and absolutely pathetic. 

Once Nekoma had left the building, the team left to the club room to change - everyone baring me and Hinata. Coach Ukai started biting our ears off before we could attempt to start cleaning up. 
"I don't know what the hell is going on with you two lately but you need to fix it and fast. Not only are you affecting the team, you're affecting yourselves. You both look like shit, I won't lie. So I suggest you get your asses in gear, man up and figure out what's happening because I swear - Next time something like this happens, you're both being benched - permanently." I froze when those words left his mouth. P-Permanently benched? H-he wouldn't... We're his strongest weapon. Or I suppose we were. Not once did we perform our freak quick during any game. Not once. And it cost us both games. 

I sighed heavily once Ukai left the gym. Neither I nor Hinata moved for what felt like hours. I wanted to say something, just look him in the eye and say I loved him. But he's not even- 
"K-Kageyama?...." I snapped to attention when I heard his voice say my name so softly. My brain wouldn't let me speak actual words so I just hummed in response. 

He stayed silent, and I started to get worried. So I went to turn my head to finally look at him but instead I was tackled to the ground by the carrot top as he buried his face into my chest, his arms wrapped around my waist and his entire body shaking with sobs as incoherent, muffled mumbles left his mouth.  

I wrapped my arms around him in return, my hands automatically running through his hair and i rested my chin on the top of his head, a few tears now pricking my eyes as I hugged the ginger male close to my body, letting him sob uncontrollably into my chest. There was nothing more I could do until he could speak coherently again. And so I waited patiently, hands still running through his hair soothingly. Like any caring boyfriend would.