The Unspoken Vow

Kageyama's POV
Still running my hand through Hinata's hair, my ears picked up on the sound of softer breathing as I felt his chest even out to rise and fall along with his calm breathing.
"Hinata?..." my voice was quiet and soft as I looked down, noticing the male's eyelids were shut indicating he was asleep. I was a little annoyed because it meant I'd have to clean the gym on my own but I wasn't surprised. With what he explained and the sound of how shit his day was, it was clear he was physically and mentally exhausted. So steadily, I picked him up as I stood up, walking over to the corner of the court and lay him down to sleep so I could clean the court.
I kneeled down beside him as I lay him down, my fingers gently brushing across reddened cheek as I brushed a small piece of hair out of his face. Smiling softly to myself, I pressed a comforting peck on the ginger male's forehead before standing and getting to work cleaning the gym.

I pulled down the net and tidied all the equipment away back in the storage cupboard before grabbing the broom and sweeping the entire length and width of the court, stopping to polish any shoe marks that had been made along the way. Most of the time, I kept glancing over at Hinata to make sure he wasn't having a nightmare or something. I was thankful he seemed to sleep peacefully the entire time it took me to clean the gym - which in total was about an hour and a half.

Once the gym was cleaned, I packed away the cleaning supplies, picking up my jacket and slipping it over my shoulders before picking up Hinata bridle style and heading to the club room to pick up our things.
As I got closer to the club room, I maneuvered the other male so he was on my back and easier to carry before entering the club room and picking up our things, nodding a good night to Sugawara who was still in there studying despite the late hour before leaving.

I decided it best to take Hinata to my house, hoping his mother would be okay with it.
My mother was home but I'm sure she wouldn't mind. She's wanted to meet him since she saw the hickey on my neck and I explained briefly what happened over the weekend, telling a small white lie to protect his secret about his father and his companion.
Carrying him on my back, smiling away to myself along the way, I carried him to my house, barely managing to open the front door and close it behind me.

"Mom I'm home!" I called out somewhat softly as I slid my shoes off and slipped into my indoor ones.

"I'm in the kitchen dear." I heard her call back.
Still keeping Hinata on my back, I put our things by the front door and walked to the kitchen where my mother was reading her latest magazine.

"Hey Mom." I greeted as I entered the kitchen to gain her attention.

"How was your-" she paused when she looked up and noticed the orange mop of hair resting on my shoulder. "Is that the Shoyou Hinata boy you're dating?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah this him. He's had an exhausting day and passed out before practice ended so I thought it better to bring him here for the night. I hope you don't mind." I explained taking note of her confused expression which quickly changed to a warm smile after my explanation.

"Ah I see, it's no problem not to worry. His expression looks like he's had a rough day I'll admit." She agreed as she stood and walked closer to me, leaving her magazine on the table.
I smiled as a thank you before remembering important information.

"Do we have any bandages?" I suddenly questioned causing my mother to have the confused look on her face again.

"Y-yeah in the bathroom cabinet I think. Why do you need them?" She asked curious.

"Hinata landed funny after doing one of our freak quicks and sprained his ankle pretty bad." I quickly lied through my teeth. Thankfully my mother believed me.

"Ah right. Is he alright?"

"Well he passed out because of the pain so I hope so..." I confessed looking down a little feeling guilty that I couldn't protect him from the real reason he was beaten up.

"Tobio? Are you alright?" My mother asked calmly.

"Hm? O-oh I'm fine... j-just worried about him is all..." I confessed, turning my head to look at the carrot top still resting on my back - his light breaths gently brushing across my neck.

"I'm sure he'll be alright Tobio. You'll take care of him well. I know you will." I smiled feeling a gently kiss to the top of my head from my mother as she walked passed me. "It's late now. Get yourselves upstairs and straight to bed once you've patched up his ankle okay Tobio? You both look like you need the rest."

"Okay mom." I agreed as I followed her up the stairs and headed into my room, carefully laying Hinata on my bed before leaving and heading to the bathroom to find the bandages in the cabinet where my mom had said they were. I took two out - one for his ankle and another for his shoulder, hoping it'd take some of the pressure and pain off him.

I closed and locked my bedroom door behind me before making my way over to my boyfriend, putting the bandages down before slowly stripping him down to his boxers so I could wrap him up in the bandages. I did his left ankle first since it was easier before sitting him up and leaning him against me, thankful he was completely knocked out as I wrapped up his right shoulder as best as I could.

I laid him back down onto his back once I'd finished wrapping him up, a concerned and worried frown on my face as I studied the large purplish bruise on his side. I dug through my drawers looking for an ointment, finally finding it and carefully applying it to his bruise before sighing and slipping out of my kit.

I climbed into bed beside Hinata, gingerly wrapping my arms around him, my chin resting in my hair. Guilt was flowing through me. I'd promised I'd protect him and yet here he lay before me broken because I had broken the promise I'd made. I felt tears prick my eyes as I grew more and more frustrated with myself.

But I took a hold of myself before I broke down. I had to stay strong for him.
Pressing a gentle kiss to the top of his head, I closed my eyes - making a silent vow to him that no matter what, I would protect him even if it meant losing my life. I would do anything to make my little spiker happy.