A Strange Practice

Hinata's POV
I woke up early the next morning feeling happy and excited. Glancing out my window I noticed it was still dark but it was fine, I'd left my bike locked up at school over the weekend so I had to leave earlier in order to get to morning practice on time. Sitting up I stretched, cracking a few bones in my back in the process making me feel relaxed and more awake. I stood up to get ready, gently patting Itazura on the head to wake her up before grabbing my uniform and folding it neatly in my bag. I slipped off the shorts I was wearing and changed into some fresh underwear and a clean gym kit, picking up the dirty kit from the floor and throwing it in the laundry basket. I then proceeded to make sure I had everything necessary for the school day, turning to Itazura once satisfied and certain I had everything.
She seemed to understand what I was trying to say when I turned my back to her, glancing at her over my shoulder.
The Crow let out a squawk before flapped her wings and flew towards me, her body beginning to melt and change colour in mid air before she attached herself into the back of my neck and slid down my back, getting herself into her normal tattoo position. I'd never get used to the shuddering that it gave me whenever she was released from or confined to her tattoo form. Once she was settled, I threw on my jacket and put my shoes on, before picking up my bags and leaving the house to head to school - a small spring in my step as I kept walking.

When I reached the corner near the entrance of the gym, I spotted Kags slowly walking a little bit ahead of me. Keeping up with our tradition, I picked up my pace quickening it to a sprint, running right past the taller male. I glanced behind me slightly chuckling to myself at the shocked and astounded look on his face before he finally grinned and ran after me. We raced to the entrance and he caught up quickly, but in the end I still beat him, both of us collapsing onto the floor outside the club room, gasping for air.

"I... beat you.... again..." I stated with a smirk in my tone as I looked up at my boyfriend, grinning smugly.
"Yeah whatever" I widened my eyes at his response. Normally he'd reply with 'I'll get you next time shrimp' or 'You just got lucky' but it wasn't like that. I took a closer look at him - his face in particular - surprised when I noticed small bags under his eyes, and his eyes on their own seeming distant, conflicted and worried.
"Hey, Tobio are you alright?" I spoke out, my voice laced with concern. He didn't answer me. He just sort of stared blankly at nothing in particular.
"Hey Kags!" I called out again but to no avail. Now I was really worried.
"Tobio Kageyama!!" I yelled louder, finally making him snap out of whatever train of thought he was having and look at me.
"Huh?" Was all he said. Had he really not heard me?.....

"I asked are you okay?" I repeated again. He simply nodded. Okay now I'm really concerned. This is nothing like the Kageyama I first met. He's never once been speechless, not even in a game. It was plainly obvious he wasn't okay and he was definitely distracted by something. I hope it doesn't affect his game play.... or he'll get his head ripped off my Coach Ukai.
I opened my mouth about to argue with him but I was interrupted when a familiar voice called out.
"Why are you two always here so early?" Tanaka questioned tiredly as he approached up twirling the keys around his fingers. I stood up on my feet along with Kageyama as Tanaka unlocked the club room doors to let us put our stuff down.
The three of us walked in, in silence, Kageyama and Tanaka pulling out their kits and changing. And I'll admit.... it was really hard to not stare and drool over Kageyama's body as he changed.
But my mind was still focused else where. I was really worried about him. His eyes were distant and they seemed dull and conflicted.

Eventually the rest of the team showed up and practice started, mainly just warming up and starting with simple passes to each other before we moved onto bigger things.
Kageyama seemed to be doing fine, but he was really silent. However, it was whilst we were practicing serves that things started to go downhill. Tobio was up for practicing his jump serve, me on the other side of the net trying to practice receives. It was going well until he threw the ball. It was high and he ran at full speed as always to get it, but he suddenly glanced at me, and he face became pale - and I mean deathly pale - before he stumbled and missed the ball completely, falling to his knees as he landed, the ball falling and hitting him on the head. He seemed dazed and everyone stared in silence in shock and confusion.
Instantly, I rushed over to him - ducking under the net and kneeling in front of him.
"Kageyama!" I called out but he didn't answer. So I gently placed my hand on his shoulder before he suddenly flinched and pulled away from me, his eyes shaking as he looked at me.
I ignored the stares coming from the other players - my only concern was Tobio. But I struggled hiding the hurt in my eyes when he moved away from me. I could see the tears in his eyes and I really started to panic. This was nothing like the Kageyama I first met.
"Hey Tobio talk to me... what's going on?" My voice was soft as I tried to reach out to him again. However I surprised when I was suddenly attacked with a hug from the male, his body shaking against mine as he wrapped his arms around me tightly. I hugged back of course, but my anxiety started going through the roof, still lost in the dark as to what was wrong with him. I turned my head, catching sight of Sugawara and Daichi looking at us with concerned faces as they slowly made their way over to us. I shook my head to signal them to stop and that I'd take care of it, thankful that they listened to me and stopped as I continued hugging the male still wrapped around torso.
My emotions started to run wild; worry, fear, confusion, anxiety - just all of it coursing through my body my heart rate beginning to pick up as I held my setter close.
But only one question was pinned in the front of my head.
'What happened to him?'