King's New Queen

Hinata's POV
I glanced at Tobio when Tanaka pointed out the hickeys on my neck. Honestly I'd totally forgotten about them. Nishinoya was soon walking up to Kageyama and bouncing up and down.
"Kageyama-san has one too! What did you guys do?!"
At this point the room was silent and everyone was looking at us both with accusing eyes.
Looking at Suga-senpai, I flinched when I saw him glaring at Kags shaking his head with his arms crossed.

Then out of nowhere Kageyama spoke up. "It was the shrimps idea."
My face fell. I tried yelling but my voice just kept cracking and it was barely audible.
"How dare you throw me under the bus Baka-yama?! You complied!"

Everyone laughed again. "Haha where's your voice gone Hinata-san? Did he make you scream that much?!" Tanaka practically roared. 
I just huffed and folded my arms, plonking myself onto the floor cross-legged and annoyed.

Kageyama's POV
I noticed Shoyou's huff as he sat down on the floor. I'll be honest I felt guilty but to be honest I wasn't lying. It was his idea. But he was also trying not to have a panic attack at the same time so...

"Alright alright that's enough teasing him now." I said glaring at those that still snickered - namely Tanaka and Nishinoya-senpai.
"He ended up having a fever over the weekend. That's why he's lost his voice. Yes things happened. Yes we're dating. And if you've got a problem with it then I suggest you speak up now and face your punishment." I could tell my face had gone creepy because I could practically feel the dark aura radiating from me as I stared at all the other players. Their expressions were priceless. After no one spoke I loosened up and bent down next to Hinata.
"You okay?" He looked at me with a childish pout before turning his head. I smirked before pulling his chin towards me, forcing him to look at me.
Once he did I kissed him, his eyes widening and his cheeks instantly flushing at the sudden public display of affection.
I pulled away and chuckled when I saw his shocked but adorable face. Ruffling his orange locks I stood up and continued getting ready.
"Come on shrimp. We still have practice." I said as I put my shirt on ignoring the rest of the team as they stared me utterly baffled. I glared at them again and they instantly went back to getting ready themselves. Tsk.
"R-right...." Hinata replied as he stood up and slipped his own shirt on before changing his shorts.

Once we were all ready, we made our way to the gymnasium, beginning with a few warm up stretches and exercises. After a few minutes we finally got into some rallies to practice receives and digs. Ukai was serving - seeing as he showed up last minute yet again.

I was doing pretty good with my receives as always. Hinata was behind me in the queue we were in. As I graciously received my 3rd serve I turned my head watching as Hinata prepared. Ukai served. However as I watched, the ball looked long - meaning it was going to hit his face. I was about to call out to say step back, but he actually beat me to it. He did a quick jump step, shuffling backwards as he received the ball. My eyes widened; as did everyone else's. It had only been 3 weeks since we started and according to stats last week Shoyou was the worst for receives. But he'd actually got this one. Without help might I add. Everyone was frozen.
"What? What did I do?" I had to stifle a snicker when he tried speaking again. He looked adorable when he tried speaking with a voice so quiet and practically inaudible.
Nishinoya spoke up since he was behind Hinata.
"You actually received that. And you did a jump step to reset yourself when you noticed the ball going long..." Noya explained.
"I did? Huh I never noticed. I was just going on instinct." Hinata tried to explain but I guess no one heard him because they all looked at him confused.
"He said he never noticed as he moved on instinct." I spoke out for him. He smiled at me as a thank you.

"How the hell did you hear that?" Yamaguchi spoke up.
"The king spent the entire weekend with him. He's gotten more sensitive ears being around him so much." Tsukkishima explain.
I growled at the nickname but I guess he was right. I had spent a lot of time round the shrimp this weekend. I walked over to him and ruffled his hair again.
"I'm proud of you shrimp." I smiled at him, but it was genuine. My heart practically melted when I saw him smile back with once eye shut and the other eye wide and sparkling. He looked so damn adorable and I wanted a picture but I couldn't.

"Who knew the king could give compliments? I suppose it makes sense considering it's to his Queen." Tsukkishima mocked. Both me and Shoyou looked at him with matching glares. Everyone including Tsukkishima gulped.
My ears picked up on a whispered "wow they're the same." somewhere in the crowd but I couldn't decipher who it was. So instead I just grabbed Hinata's wrist and pulled him to the back of the line, as Ukai continued to serve for receives.

The rest of the training went well and we ended up doing practice matches. Of course Hinata and I were in the same team and we managed to score a fair few points with our freak quick - and every time I fell for him again as his eyes lit up when we scored each point his attempt at screaming without a voice so adorable. It's cringey I know but it's true. I loved seeing him like that. However we still ended up losing. Daichii-san was on the other team whilst we had Ennoshita so he could have some captain practice. Since our team was small compared to blocking and was lacking in experienced leadership we lost. I could tell Hinata was annoyed but his smile still shone brighter than the sun itself.

I couldn't help but stare at him and get lost looking at him - knowing what he's been through and how shattered he really was behind that smile just made it look that much brighter. Whilst I knew it was fake, it was a symbol of determination. He'd carry on no matter what and he'd win. And he'd do it all with a smile plastered on his lips.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I felt a slap on the back. I turned around and saw Sugawara- san looking at me.
"Stop staring lover boy. But I thought I said no funny business?" He looked at me expecting an explanation. I gulped. I could trust Suga not to tell couldn't I? Yeah course I could.

Keeping my voice low I replied. "I wasn't lying earlier. It was his idea but I guess you could say he had a good reason."
I continued when I noticed him raise an eyebrow. "Well you see.... he told me when he was younger he was sexually abused by his father who's escaped from prison recently and he told me he wanted to try it to see how a 'real first' feels." I explained.

His face fell at the news. "You're serious?" I nodded my head. "But don't tell him you know please?"
"I won't. Make sure you take care of him. I knew there was something off about his smile and now I know. Change it. Make it genuine." I nodded and bowed slightly as a thank you before running off to Hinata.

"Hey Kageyama toss for me?"