Back to Normal - End

Hinata's POV
Six months had passed since the entire ordeal and Tobio and I were still as strong as ever in the court. Our companions were no longer a secret and they remained with us through everything. With my ankle fully healed and our confidence restored we finally managed to make it to nationals. In the end though, we didn't win. But that didn't matter to Karasuno. All we cared about was that we were finally back together, had made it to nationals as one and were soaring high in order to become the powerhouse we once were.

Currently the entire school was sat in the hall, on the last day of the final term, watching the third years with their graduation.
The volleyball team cheered the loudest when Sugawara, Daichi, Asahi and Kiyoko went on stage to receive their certificates.

We would miss them sure but we were happy. Thanks to them we finally became the unbreakable flock of crows we once were. And us first and second years were prepared to carry on the legacy.

Finally we were dismissed from the hall - as soon as we were I basically grabbed Kageyama's hand and dragged him out the hall to go and see the graduated third years. The rest of the team followed behind, Yamaguchi trying to motivate Tsukkishima more whilst Tanaka basically carried Nishinoya. Our libero wasn't quite so happy that his boyfriend wouldn't be on the team with us anymore but he was happy for Asahi non the less.

We made it outside and cheered when we saw the four third years hugging each other happily as they held their certificates in the air. Eventually the team and I joined the hug - even Tsukkishima - squashing the graduated third years in the middle of us.

Every single one of us revealed our companions, the four-legged furred creatures happily pouncing around in the floor around us, the feathered birds flying around and chirping above us with delight and the few oddballs consisting of scales and fur dotted between them.

This is what made me happy. The laughing, the chatting, the noise in general. The reassurance that we were all still a team despite our differences and the changes were going through.

"Dinner is on me guys!" Coach Ukai suddenly called out as he emerged from the hall. The team cheered and I jumped onto Kageyama's back laughing with pride as he began spinning to try and shake me off.

"I'm not letting go Bakayama!"

"We'll see about that Boke!" Tobio suddenly gripped my calf's and pushed be back making me squeal as I gripped his hair and pulled trying to stop myself from falling.

However this may have been a huge mistake. As soon as I pulled Kageyama's hair he let out a groan that was probably supposed to sound like pain but sounded more like pleasure.

"What the hell was that noise Kags?!" Tanaka yelled making Tobio blush strongly as he basically dropped me on the floor with an "oof".

"Ow! You Baka! That hurt."

"Then don't pull my hair Boke!"

Instantly the both of us began taunting each other throwing punches and dodging each other as we always do making the rest of the team snicker and laugh. Eventually Itazura and Shinryaku broke our mini fight apart before Daichi walked over and draped his arms over our shoulders.
"Don't ever change got it?"

"Right-" both Tobio and I said in unison.

"Do you want dinner or not?!" Ukai yelled, already at the gate.

"Coming Coach!" The team called, Kageyama and I keeping with our racing ritual as always as the team ran/jogged behind us.

The rest of the day was spent chatting and eating as the companions stayed close to their partners.

"Before we depart, we have one last message for you all." Daichi said as he stood up along with the other graduates.
The rest of the team fell silent as Sugawara spoke first.

"Remember who you are, and that the best team of six is the one that wins, not the individuals."

"Remember that fights are okay so long as you can move past them as a team." Asahi continued.

"Do us proud and next year go to nationals and win!" Daichi continued.

"Remember to always keep flying." Kiyoko finished.

We stayed in silence until Tanaka and Noya burst out in tears - mainly from Kiyoko speaking. Yachi rested her head on my shoulder as she silently sobbed with happy tears.
The rest of us held our cups up and smiled before yelling in unison.

"Karasuno~ Fight!"

The companions squawked, roared, growled and chirped in unison alongside us sensing the strong spirit we all had together as one.

I'd never felt more at home in my entire life.

Eventually we all departed after thanking Coach and bidding the graduates goodbye and good luck - each one of us heading our separate ways.

I was heading to Tobio's for the weekend since my mother and sister were out of town and Kageyama's mother was in Paris selling her latest fashion line.
The entire walk I clung onto his arm as Itazura rested on my shoulder. Kageyama didn't seem to mind as Shinryaku padded along beside him calmly. "It's hard to believe it's been a whole year already." I spoke out in amazement as I looked up at the stars.

"I still can't believe I've been with you for so long. How I fell for you is a miracle." Kageyama  said in a sarcastic tone making me pout.
"Hey I'm a delight thank you very much you're lucky you landed me." I snapped back, a pout still on my face.

Tobio chuckled lowly, uncontrollably sending shivers down my spine as we finally entered his house. After taking our shoes off and putting out bags down we into the kitchen to eat something quick. Our companions ate with us until they went to the living room and curled up on the couch, quickly falling asleep as Kageyama and I went upstairs to his bedroom.

I felt happy and I felt at home. Everything had finally ended. We were all going to be just fine.

I snuggled up with Kageyama in the bed, relishing in his warmth. This was never going to change. I'll savor every single moment.

"I love you Tobio." I mumbled softly, already drifting into a deep sleep.
The soft "I love you too Shouyo" that followed being the last thing I heard.

Everything is finally be okay.