Disturbance and Concern

Kageyama's POV
After dropping Shouyou off at his house I walked back to my own home, already missing the shrimp. Whilst I was walked I stared up at the sky, taking in the pure sheet of navy blue dotted with white speckled stars. 

It was a peaceful night and I couldn't help but let a small smile creep onto my lips as I remembered that first kiss, his first proper time and the precious kiss that just occurred. I was lost in the thoughts until I picked up on the sound of footsteps that weren't mine. I just assumed it was nothing, but when the sound started to speed up I started to grow concerned.
I carefully glanced over my shoulder, catching sight of a man about an inch or so taller than I was. He seemed to be the muscular type at first glance and that was all I got of him. The aura I felt from him practically screamed danger and hostility so I subtly quickened my pace a little, trying to get home somewhat quickly. His footsteps eventually died down as I reached my house. I quickly opened the door and locked it behind me.
Okay that was weird....
I sighed before putting my bag down beside the door and taking my shoes off, whistling the short signal that allowed Shinryaku to be released from her confines. She appeared before me, her bright purple eyes staring up at me as she sat patiently awaiting my instructions. We had a pretty decent bond although she can be really stubborn at times and refuse to do as I say. However it was obvious she could sense I was distressed as she silently padded behind me as I made my way to the kitchen to make some food.
Normally she'd start jumping up at me, practically begging me to play with her but today she just silently sat waiting by the door as I made my food.

That man wouldn't leave my head. I had so many questions. Who was he? Why was he following me? Why did he seem so hostile? What does he want with me? I started making my head spin with the amount of questions I had and I almost burned my food because I was so lost in thought.

I quickly finished putting my food together as I made my way to the dining table and began eating as Shinryaku nuzzled my leg with her cheek.
It made me smile a little at her comfort as I continued eating but I just couldn't get that man out of my head.

I'd just finished eating and was washing my plate when I heard the front door get opened and closed.
Putting the last cleaned item on the drainer, I walked towards the front door to see my mother just taking off her shoes. The small amount of make up on her face was smudged a little and her usually tidy brown hair was stuck up everywhere.

"Mother? Are you okay?" I asked as she looked up at me at the sound of my voice.
"Ah Tobio I'm glad you're home. I'm fine it's just been a rough week at work is all. I'll be perfect after a nice bath."
I nodded and instantly rushed upstairs, Shinryaku following behind me as I turned on the tap and put the plug in, adding a few drops of relaxing bubble mixture into the tub. I stood beside the bath, watching it fill up as the previous questions about the man started to pop back up in my head.

I just couldn't think who this guy might be. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. I was so lost that I practically forgot about the running water. I jumped when Shinryaku growled rose alert me that the bath was almost overflowing.
I quickly turned off the tap and released some of the water so my mother could get in it without the water flowing over the sides of the tub. I put the plug back in after a little bit of water had gone down the drain.

Making my way downstairs I tried to get rid of the thoughts and the questions as I walked into the kitchen.
"The bath is ready when you are mother." I informed her.
"Thank you Tobio. You're so kind." My mother replied as she finished up her quickly made meal and putting her dish in the sink.
She walked passed me, ruffling and messing up my hair as she smiled softly at me before she went upstairs to enjoy her bath.
I washed her plate in the sink quickly before retreating to my room for the night, flipping onto my back on my bed as I stared at the ceiling. I covered my eyes with my arm, my mind once again running wild.
I jumped a little when I felt something jump onto the bed with me. Uncovering my eyes I relaxed a little seeing Shinryaku looking at me with concerned eyes.

I gently scratched behind her ear as she purred calmly, leaning into the touch - her eyes closing as she rested her head on my stomach.
"What am I gonna do girl? I need to pick myself up. I'm falling so far behind."
I felt her gently lick my arm forcing me to look at her. Her eyes shone with a sense of determination and care as she gently moved her way up my body and licked the spot where Hinata had left the hickey over the weekend.
I'm not sure what it was she was trying to do but she looked at me as I smiled at her, everything that happened between me and Hinata over the weekend running through my head repeatedly. I gently scratched under Shinryaku's chin as she continued to purr.

My other hand started to stroke the length of her back as I enjoyed the feeling of the soft, silk-like fur running under my finger tips as it gently calmed me down, my racing thoughts of the man finally halting.
I hugged Shinryaku's neck my eyes closing reassured that nothing could hurt me or Shouyou so long as we had The Jaguar, the Crow and each other beside us.

Forgetting that I had to change or shower, I slowly drifted to sleep, Shinryaku on top of me keeping my company as my arms wrapped around her neck, the weak scent of Hinata drifting up to my nose from the jacket I was wearing.