Chapter 14 part 1!

Amaya's pov.

Elijah offers me his arm, I start to decline, but he gives me a look. I sigh, and take his arm. Hadley at least, doesn't look as uncomfortable as I do.

Is there something going on between her and Klaus?!

------

The founders ball is in full swing when the four of us arrive. The people of Mystic Falls stand around talking and laughing. I can see that annoying Elena girl hanging with Caroline and Bonnie.

Hadley made it very clear to me that she has a strong distaste for Elena, and I being the awesome friend I , agree with her.

I still don't know what the hell Damon was thinking, but he fucked up. Big time.

Elijah leads me through the large crowd of people. Hadley and Klaus run off to "talk" about some stuff.

She can deny it all she wants. Hadley likes Klaus.

"Amaya?" Elijah asks.

"Hmm?" I ask, reluctantly returning my attention to him. I get the feeling he's asked me a question or said something more than once, while I was off in La La Land.

"I asked if you'd like a drink?" He says, trying to hide his frustration.

What I want, is to be in Stefan's arms. But instead, I have to waste my night with Elijah.

I keep my thoughts to myself however and simply shake my head to his offer.

Elijah, seems to pick up on my mood. He grabs my hand and leads me away from the bright lights and crowds of people.

As the lights become distant and shadows cascade over Elijah's face. I realize with startling clarity, who dangerous he could be.

Elijah dresses nicely and has manners, that's true.yet, he could still rip you to shreds if you crossed his bad side.

Elijah releases my hand and takes a few steps away from me. I glare daggers at his back.

I could make a break for it, maybe he would be too distracted in his own dramaticness to notice!

"Don't even think about it," Elijah's voice rings out the l Instant I move my door.

Damn.

He sighs and whirls around so we're standing face to face. I study him briefly. He is good looking, I'll admit that much. His hair is carefully styled like always. He wears a nice formal suit, which is his usual attire. His eyes fall on me and I notice he's studying me as well.

I wonder what he sees when he looks at me.

"There was a time when you loved me," Elijah states as he takes steps towards me.

Ugh! He was going to start this crap up again?

"There was," I agree. "But now, I'm developing a deep hatred towards you."

"Why? Because I came back for you? Because I tried to save you from being with the wrong guy?" Elijah's voice grew more accusing as he spoke.

Is he serious?

"You left me Elijah. You're only here for Klaus, so don't you dare act like its for me. If you cared, you would have came sooner!" Now I'm becoming angry. "I love Stefan, not you."

Elijah doesn't look hurt or even angry. I can't read his emotions and I don't have enough time to, before his lips crash down on mine.

Elijah kisses me deeply. His hands snake around me, sliding down my back.