Chapter 31: It Broke

She looks down at me. Just like she was depending on me to save her, to be her superhero. I was sweating like crazy, my throat went dry, my palms were wet, my stomach started to hurt. I took a step foward. But at that very moment, it broke. The branch. The branch she was holding, preventing her from falling. It broke. I froze. I knew Vanessa must be yelling at me to catch her, but I hear nothing. All my life, a complete waste. All fake. Why couldn't it be me? She has a happy life, I don't. What's there to like? My fake music? My blonde hair? My face? What? But, it just had to be her.

Everything went slow motion for me. By this time, I don't even know what happened to Laura. She could be dead, for all I know. I bit my bottom lip and close my eyes, not wanting to see anything. I cried softly. I burry my hands in my face, just crying, sobing, just like a big idiot. What have I done? Why did I even get Laura into this mess?

"ROSS! ROSS!" Maelys yelled. I look at her with my red and puffy eyes. She sighs and pats my back. "It's gonna be ok. Don't worry about her. But in the meantime... CALL THE HOSPITAL IDIOT!"

But what can the doctors do? The only thing they'll tell me is, 'I'm sorry sir, but Laura Marano has passed away. She lost too much blood, and we just can't fix it. I'm sorry.' Then I'll come in and cry and cry and cry. Nonsense!

"VANESSA. CALL THE HOSPITAL!" Rydel yelled. They forgave her already? Oh, who cares? I look around.... "Wait. Where's Riker?" I asked. Shouldn't he be here? Don't tell me he got lost too!! Vanessa taps my shoulder gently but a bit hard. "Ross, look."

I look at my right. Riker. He's carrying a body. I would actually laugh right now because Riker is carrying Laura in the forest when she's in danger, it looks just like an action movie or a book. But this is real life, I can't laugh right now. Riker walks up to us, not even daring to look at Laura. Her nose is bleeding, but I'm sure she's okay. I guess she fainted because her eyes were closed, but she's breathing. Thank god!

"Thank you, Riker," I said. I took Laura from his hands and carried her bridal style. "Good catch!" Ellington joked. I chuckled and look at Vanessa. "Is the ambulance coming?" I asked. She nods and says, "Yea, they're coming."

I look at Laura resting on my arms. I had so many doubts. But I'm just glad that she's okay.

______________________________________________________________________

Hello Rockstars! Haven't called you that in a while >.< Sorry I took so long in updating, I was so busy! But I got that out of the way.

Thanks for reading! Bye!