taz x female!reader (part 1)(starship)

28.3.20

(a/n: this wasn't a request, i wrote this one myself)

I arrived at the Starship, holy shit, my first day as a starship ranger. I'd heard so many stories about the famous Commander Up and Taz, not gonna lie, Taz is pretty hot. What if she's on the same ship as me? Holy fuckkkk that'd be amazing.

*time skip to on the ship*

I got my key card to the dorm I'd be staying in, number 12, I checked the map to see where the room was and then made my way there. I scanned my keycard to unlock the door and opened it.

"Oh, I'm assuming we're gonna be roommates then" Taz said. She was standing right there in the room, with her bags at her feet.

Holy shit. It's Taz.

She was even prettier than the pictures of her online. Her white vest was tight and you could see her quite muscly arms, there was small scars on them presumably from previous missions as a ranger. She wasn't wearing her signature fingerless gloves but still had the red bandana tied around her jet black hair.

I closed the door behind me and put down my stuff. She put out her hand for me to shake it "I'm Taz"

I took her hand and shook it "Oh I've heard all about you and your adventures as a Starship ranger with Commander Up" I smiled at her.

"Ay, good to know I'm a celebrity" she chuckled "Only joking... and you are?"

"Oh... I'm y/n"

"I'm guessing you are new" Taz said.

"Yeah, it's my first day actually" I replied kinda shyly

"Don't worry too much, I'll be here if you ever need help"

"Oh thanks" I smiled "You know, I'm kinda surprised you're this nice"

"Ah, the stories scared you, did they?" she laughed slightly

"Not scared... they just kinda painted you to be a bitchy badass that shouts at everyone" I giggled slightly at the end. Taz got closer to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"I can be if you're on my bad side" her tone was low, and just above a whisper. Then she walked off to sort out something in her bag.

Oh dead god, I am definitely not straight.

"By the way, Up said that we all get the day off today, to "settle in", you know?" Taz said, not looking up from her bag

"Oh that's pretty useful i guess, everyone can unpack their stuff" I replied.

"oh and y/n" She continued, she stood up from her bag with a pen, she took my hand and wrote something down on it.

A phone number

"In case you ever need me, you know" Then she walked over to her stuff "Imma go put my stuff in my room"

"Oh okay" I went to pick up my stuff as well to go put in my room when suddenly

"Oh for fUcks sAke"I heard Taz shout from the other room.

"You alright?"

"Come see this"

I walk into the bedroom to see that there is only one bed (a double bed).

"Stupid fucking G.L.E.E, too cheap to afford two fucking beds, huh?" after that she mumbled something angrily in spanish under her breath. I feel a blush rise to my cheeks at the thought of having to share a bed with Taz.

"sO um what are we gonna do?" i cringed at my voice cracking, why did that have to happen in front of taz?

"we could just share it, if you're okay with that" she said calmly

okay like how tf can she be so calm when i'm an absolute gay disaster at the thought of sharing a bed with her.

"Yeah that's fine" I said as calmly as possible, trying not to implode.

*time skip to when we finished unpacking our stuff*

"hey do you wanna watch a movie or something? Just coz we've got the whole day to ourselves, you know" Taz suggested

"Yeah sure that would be nice" I replied, I still can't believe that i'm literally sharing a room with Taz! Oh dead god i hope this isn't a dream.

After choosing a movie, Taz and I sat down on the bed as the opening of the film played. Taz was so chill and calm about everything, well she could get shouty and sWeary sometimes but a lot had happened that day and she was just so cool headed about it all. If I'm being honest i really wasn't paying attention to the movie, I was daydreaming about Taz. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a jump scare in the movie and Taz jumping slightly and grabbing onto me, then quickly moving away and acting like it never happened. It was cute how she could fight aliens but got scared at a small jump scare in a movie. After a few more minutes Taz did a small stretch and put her arm around me, yk the classic thing that they do in movies.

Holy shitttt Taz just put her arm around me aAaAaAaHh.

I leaned into her slightly, she tensed slightly at first but relaxed soon after. We just stayed like that for a while, it was nice.

*knock knock knock*

"oh jesus christ.." Taz said, almost whiny, which was kind of surprising coming from her. We both reluctantly got up, and Taz opened the door. It was Commander Up, I immediately tried to neaten out my appearance but Taz was quite chill around him, obviously since those two fought in the robot wars together.

"I was just walking round to the rooms to check that everyone was settling in okay" Up smiled at us.

"Yeah it's all good, Up" Taz replied, I nodded slightly to show that I agreed with Taz.

"Okay well just make sure you dont cause any trouble Taz" he chuckled

"I'll try, Commander" she replied, they said their goodbyes and Taz closed the door.

Me and Taz looked at each other for a moment, she looked me up and down then took a step closer.

"We gonna finish watching that movie?" she asked

"Sure" I replied, it was awkward for a second before she took my hand and led me back to the bedroom. After sitting down on the bed and restarting the movie, it was silent, apart from our breathing. She seemed kind of nervous for whatever reason, to be honest I was nervous too just because i was around her, because she's Taz. But i have no idea why she'd be nervous.

She put her arm around me again, it was really nice just sitting there with her. I decided to actually be a bit brave and put my arm around her waist, she pulled me closer to her. For a second, I felt like if i breathed or moved that i would wake myself up from this dream, but it wasn't a dream. I eventually relaxed into her arms and after a few minutes i heard quiet, barely audible snores. I looked at Taz, she'd fallen asleep. It was only 4pm but I didn't want to wake her. Yeah, i definitely have a crush on Taz.

(a/n: okay so imma definitely make a part two to this)

*1165 words*