kind of paulkins (tgwdlm)

5.4.20

(a/n: this is highkey sad and angsty so)

tw: guns, shooting, kind of abusive relationship vibes, vOmit

~Emma POV~

"I love you, Emma" Paul says monotonously.

His voice, it isn't like Paul, he edges closer and holds both my hands.

"Aren't you going to say it back?" he almost sounds threatening.

"Paul, you're scaring me..." I reply, he only squeezes my hands tighter. I look into his eyes but they're different, more of a bright blue. That's when it dawned on me.

"Say you love me, Emma" this time it wasn't a question, it was a demand. I can't, this isn't Paul, I love the real Paul. Not this empty shell of him, an alien wearing Paul's skin.

"I-" I try to say it but felt so nauseous "I love you" I finally manage to choke out.

"Very good, Emma" he replies coldly. My eyes dart around the room, looking for anything I could use to escape.

A gun. There's a gun on the table, I hurriedly grab it at shoot clumsily, almost missing. But luckily the bullet went through his chest, I shoot again pointing at his head because as his douchebag friend said "you take out the head and the whole thing goes down".

Now I had to accept that Paul is dead. I bolt out of the apartment that Paul had trapped me in, he dragged me there convincing me we'd be safe. That was back when I thought it was Paul, tears well up in my eyes as I run, blurring my vision. Paul was the first guy that I had ever truly loved and he just had to get possessed by fucking aliens in the apocalypse. I push the thoughts out of my head and try to focus on running. Oh god I think I'm gonna be sick. Oh shit I-

~~~~

Well, at least no one can tell me off for puking on the floor. Where the hell am I supposed to go? There's nowhere. The whole town is infected. Maybe I can go to Professor Hidgens' place, if I reactivate the security I'll be okay. Yeah...I'll try to get there. My leg still hurts like a bitch from the helicopter, after Paul dragged me away from the hospital I thought we were safe, but obviously I was wrong. No, Emma, this isn't the time to start crying. I love him, but he's fucking dead now so it's no use. I single tear rolled down my cheek but I brushed it away as soon as it appeared. After what seemed like forever of walking, trying not to be noticed, I finally arrive at Hidgens' house. I could easily get in since he unlocked all the doors when he decided to give up and let the monsters get to us. My hands are shaking so much, holy shit, I hear music...oh god. The Professor and two other aliens emerge from what seemed like out of nowhere.

"Oh Emma, won't you join us for this show stopping number"Hidgens began to sing.

I pull the gun out of my pocket and I fucking shoot them. I shoot all the aliens in sight (which is three but still a lot).

"See you in hell motherfuckers!" I yell as I shoot them.

They're all dead, they were already dead, the aliens that took over and now dead as well.

"Alexa, restart all security measures around the house" I say and to my relief, I hear the gates go up and the doors lock. I go over to Professor Hidgens and I just start sobbing, why the hell am I crying? Fuck. I just can't believe he's gone, he was like a father to me and he always helped me out and was there to talk if I needed it, I could always go to his office just to chat. He's the best teacher I've ever had. Every shaky breath and sob I let out lifted a massive weight off my shoulders, I hadn't actually let myself cry properly in so long but you know, sometimes you need to have a good cry and let everything out. I took Henry's jacket off of him and put it on, it was freezing in there. It was comforting to have this part of him still there, you know after losing the love of your life and the closest thing you ever had to family to fucking musical aliens all in one day, you'll want to hang onto any memories that you can. I guess I'll never know what it's like to be with Paul, I had imagined it. It was hard not to notice him staring when he came into Beanies, I almost looked forward to him and his simple orders and generous tips (that didn't require singing). But of course when we nearly kissed I just had to cough up blood in his fucking face, I wonder what it would have been like if we actually kissed...

No, Emma. You can't think about that anymore! PAUL IS FUCKING DEAD AND YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET HIM BACK!

*831 words*