cynthia x fem!reader (saf)

30.4.20

"y/n..." cynthia whispered as you both hid, scared for your lives.

"yeah" I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

"In case we don't make it out of this mission alive...can I do something quickly" she seemed nervous, which was very unusual for Miss Top Energy™. I nodded. She quickly grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss, I immediately kissed back but she quickly pushed me away as we heard a gunshot. I just stood there, shocked, Cynthia had to grab my hand and drag me along as we ran.

"Move your ass! Do you want to die?!" she yelled at me. We made it out the exit of the building, just before it exploded.

I couldn't stop thinking about that moment. She had kissed me. Our plane ride back to the US was silent, apart from when we were forced to speak. Soon enough, we got back to America, although I was glad to be home, I just wanted things to be normal with Cynthia.

The night fell as we made our way back to our separate homes, not speaking once. It was around 10pm when I heard my phone ringing, I picked it up and answered.

"Hello?" I answered

"It's Cynthia, could you maybe come over to mine? We need to talk, and I don't want to deal with this shit over the phone."

"Sure, I'll be there soon"

"Be quick. I don't wanna be waiting all night" and with that, she hung up. I threw on an outfit, casual but not too casual. I didn't want her to think I didn't care but I didn't want her to think I cared too much. I put on a coat and stepped out of my apartment into the cold, nighttime air.

*time skip to at Cynthia's house*

I tentatively knocked on the door, anxiously waiting to face Cynthia. She opened the door, and let me inside.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked, nervously.

"Isn't it obvious?" She replied

"Um..."

"Well considering I kissed you yesterday then we didn't speak to each other for 6 hours, I think you know what I want to talk about" Cynthia never showed proper emotion, you would never see her anxious or sad, those types of feelings would just get masked with anger or sarcasm. "I'm sorry" she continued "Because of your reaction I was thought you don't like me...like that, you know...look, I understand if you don't wanna be around me anymore considering I'm a fucking dyk-"

"Cynthia"

"Yeah"

(a/n: i think saf was set in like the 1960s and being gay was illegal or smth so keep that in mind yk)

"It's okay, I know it's shitty that we could lose our jobs for being like this-"

"Our?...Are you-?"

"Yeah"

"That makes me feel a lot better"

"And...I do like you"

"What?"

"Cynthia I like you"

She pulled me into a tight hug.

"You know, I've spent a lot of my life...not liking who I am...like the fact I'm...you know, and you've made me feel better about it"

"Why do you always put on such a strong front?"

"What do you mean?"

"You pretend you're fine when all this time you've been hating yourself-"

"I don't hate myself"

"Good. You shouldn't"

"So...y/n?"

"Yes?"

"Do you hate yourself?"

"Uh yeah" I said like it was obvious.

"You shouldn't, you really shouldn't"

She edged closer to me, I saw her smirk slightly and her eyes flicker down to my lips then back up to my eyes. She kissed me. She pulled me closer to her by putting her arms around my waist, after a while she pulled away. But then she pushed me down onto the couch behind me and got on top of me, then continuing to kiss me. Suddenly, I pushed her away, realising that the curtains were open and if anyone walked past, they would very much see what was going on.

"The curtains!" I said to her, laughing slightly.

"Oh shit" she laughed, then got up to close them "Now...where were we?"

(a/n: sorry this isn't a request but I don't have much writing motivation atm, but this idea came to me and I just wanted to write it immediately)

*717 words*