lauren x female!reader (part 1)

11.4.20

*this ones a bit shorter than my other chapters sorryyyy*

*college au*

I waited for my roommate, Lauren, to get home. She'd had an extra class that day which was pretty annoying since I would just be alone in the dorm for over an hour. Also, I would miss her, you know, she had this extra class every Friday. I don't even know what I'm feeling, well if I'm being honest, I've had a crush on Lauren for a while. She's just so naturally funny and talented, she lights up a room and is so so kind. She's also fucking gorgeous.

I heard the key turn in the lock and knew it was Lauren, I quickly checked the clock. It was 5, the door opened and she was there.

"Hey y/n, I'm back!" she called into the dorm. I walked up to her and hugged her, our friendship has always been pretty touchy, if you know what I mean like we hug a lot and are pretty comfortable around each other. Then she dropped off her bag in her room and went to the kitchen to make herself a coffee.

"Already done" I said, smiling at her.

"What?" she laughed.

"I already made you a coffee, nice and hot, I knew you'd want one when you got in" I smiled.

"Aw y/n, you're so sweet, thank you"

"You're welcome"

The thing is, you see, there's one problem. As far as I know, Lauren is straight. So the fact I am kind of in love with her definitely isn't good.

She took her coffee and sat on the sofa, patting the seat next to her as an indication for me to sit there. I sat down next to her, it's really nice being with her 'cause she just has this contagious smile and such positive energy that I can't help

but feel happy around her. She put her coffee down on the table then took off her hoodie to reveal a t-shirt underneath, I couldn't help but look as her shirt slid up slightly when she took of her hoodie. She quickly pulled her shirt back down then said.

"So, how was class today?"

"Pretty shit if I'm being honest" I laughed slightly.

"Aw" she put her arm around me, causing me to blush a little "Well, at least tomorrow's the weekend so we can relax, you know"

"Yeah..." I was trying not to freak out about the fact she had her arm around me coz like i'm a disaster gay and die when a cute girl shows me any sort of affection but I failed and felt a blush rise to my cheeks.

"um...y/n" Lauren began "can I tell you something..?"

"Yeah, of course...what's up?"

"So there's something I've known

for....a long time but haven't told anyone..." there was a long pause "...I'm...gay"

"Lauren I just wanna let you know that I 100% support and accept you, well obviously I accept you since I'm LGBTQ as well" she laughed slightly "Coming out to people is such a scary thing to do, I know, and I wanna say thank you for trusting me enough to tell me"

"Oh my god thank you" tears welled up in her eyes.

"Oh nonono don't cry" I hugged her.

"It's fine, they're happy tears" she laughed and hugged me tighter.

"So...why did you decide to tell me?"

"Because you're like literally my best friend and I felt like you deserved to know"

"Thank you Lauren" I smiled at her genuinely. She pulled me into another tight hug, I hugged back.

She's gay but like still she's so out of my league and would never like someone like me.

~Lauren POV~

Oh my god

I can't believe I just came out to my crush

*608 words*