taz x reader (starship)

17.4.20

(because i'm a hopeless gay and actually blush whenever taz shouts in starship, here's yet another taz x reader)

~Your POV~

I woke up slowly, trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes but then realise that my arm's being weighed down. I looked over and see Taz, she's technically my boss but she's also my roommate here on the ship. My face was resting by her neck and her arms were around my shoulders and waist.

"Okay jesus christ I don't know what's going on here. Why are me and Taz lying here liKe tHis?" I thought

To be honest I definitely was not complaining, just confused. I could hear her heartbeat, honestly I enjoyed the moment of me just being in her arms but soon enough she stirred awake. She looked at me, blushing slightly although I think she was too tired to care what was going on.

"Sorry.." she muttered awkwardly and pushed herself off me.

"Sorry" I replied, sitting on my bed and watching her walk over to the cupboard. There was a bunk bed in our room, Taz was on the top bunk while I took the bottom one. I quickly made my bed then ,after Taz went into the bathroom to change, went over to the cupboard to pick out my clothes for the day. We didn't have any training or missions that day which was good.

*time skip to after both of them were changed*

I kept thinking about last night, it was kinda blurry. Me and Taz were sitting on my bed, just chatting and going on our phones. Then, I must've fallen asleep...then we woke up like that. The thing is I know she wouldn't deliberately make it like that so I was really hoping I didn't do anything in my sleep, like hug her or something because that would've been so embarrassing. Why do I have to have a crush on herrrrrr?

*time skip*

Oh fuckkkkk, a whole week has passed and she's literally avoiding me. It's so awkward when we get back to the room after training or a mission, and training and missions are hell when she refuses to speak to me. I got back to the room, fully expecting another silent night where we awkwardly sit on our phones. I walked in the door and shut it behind me, Taz was there. It was like she was waiting for me, she looked me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry" she pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry too"

"For what? I'm the one who's been ignoring you the past week"

"Yeah but...I didn't help, I was being awkward as well"

"It's my fault, I'm being stupid"

"What? No, it's okay, we can go back to normal now-"

"No" she pushed away from me "We can't"

"What? Why?"

"It's complicated-"

"Taz whats wrong?"

"Nothings wrong, it's just-"

"What is it then?"

"I can't tell you!"

"Why not?"

"I can't, it'll ruin everything"

"Taz-"

"I like you, dumbass! How could you not see it? Last friday, when you fell asleep...I'm the reason we woke up like that. I need you...fuck...I love you" then she'd realised what she had said and bolted out of the dorm, not bothering to close the door. I hurriedly ran out, trying to lock the door behind me then sprinting after her. I chased her through a seemingly endless maze of corridors until she stopped at a dorm, Up's room, and started frantically knocking. Before, I could catch up to her, he'd let her in. I sat down against the wall, I would wait for her no matter how long it took. I would wait 5 minutes or 5 hours.

*time skip*

After what seemed like an eternity, Taz exited the room.

"Just talk to them, Taz" Up said quietly as he shut the door.

"We should probably go back to the room" she said quietly, her eyes were slightly red and you could tell she had been crying.

"Yeah..." it was 11pm at this point, it was so strange to see this vulnerable side to Taz. Soon enough we made it back to our room, we entered awkwardly and locked the door behind us.

"I'm sorry for flipping out earlier, as you probably can tell, I tend to deal with my emotions by...shouting at people"

"I-it's okay"

"So yeah...." there was a long pause "I really do like you, y/n, you've made my experience as a ranger so so much better, I just love being around you and I don't know why I feel like this...but I do"

"I like you too, Taz"

"Wait what?"

"I like you too"

She ran up to me and hugged me tightly, I hugged back immediately. This was genuinely one of the happiest moments of my life. She pulled away from the hug for a second and smirked slightly, then kissed me.

(a/n: yeah im sorry this is kinda shitty and shorter than my usual one shots but yk)

*804 words*