esther x gwen (solve it squad)

22.4.20

*there is smut later on so if you are one of the few people who ik irl that know about this acc, for the love of god dont read it or you will probably never see me the same way ever again*

tw: drugs, alcohol, mention of suicidal thoughts, self harm scars

(a/n: imagine this takes place after Scrags is like "were getting the gang back together" and then leaves to go get Esther)

~Gwen POV~

"Oh for fucks sake" I thought "Why does Keith have to be there, he was such a douchebag...well at least Esther and Scrags will be there. Esther was kind of overly smart but I guess it's better than Keith being an absolute dumbass"

I texted my husband, informing him of the plan about the Solve It Squad

*time skip to after Scrags left Esther's place*

~Esther POV~

"This is going to be a nightmare" I thought "I'm so done with people and having to spend a week with my middle school friends that I haven't seen in 20 fucking years is gonna be greaaattt, not"

I heard my phone buzz in my pocket, it was Leila (my girlfriend).

(a/n: I literally just made up some random ass name for her gf)

Leila <3 hey esther, so I've been thinking about us recently and yeah it's not really working, my boyfriend is a lot better for me and your drug problem really isn't attractive. basically what I'm saying is that I'm breaking up with you, don't text me asking to take you back because I've decided that I don't want to be with you. If you ask to get back with me I'll just block you.

I stared at my phone, shocked into silence.

Esther yeah that's fine, i was thinking of breaking up with u anyway

read at 4:52pm

I felt tears well up in my eyes but wouldn't let myself cry. I searched in my cupboard for some sort of pill to numb myself, I grabbed a bottle. To be honest I didn't care what it was, it was drugs, and drugs help me. I swallowed two of the pills and waited for them to take effect, a singular tear rolled down my cheek but I wiped it away quickly. I stumbled into my kitchen (honestly there wasn't much difference between the living room, kitchen and dining room since I always ate on the couch) and opened my fridge. I grabbed two beer bottles and walked over to my couch and sitting down, I took out my contacts lazily and put on my glasses since I already felt dizzy and was probably going to pass out. But I didn't care, at that point in time I would pass out a couple times a week. I opened a beer and chugged it, the cocktail of drugs I'm always on causes me to be numb but eventually my body gets immune to my dose so I just have to keep having more and I know I'll eventually die from it but I've got nothing to live for anyway. I'm surprised I haven't offed myself yet. Then I just fucking let go, I was sobbing hysterically. I could barely breathe because I was crying so hard, that was my last memory before passing out.

*time skip to them meeting up at the van*

~Gwen POV~

I was so nervous for some reason, I hadn't seen Esther or Keith in 20 years, I wondered what they would have turned out like. I bet Esther is a doctor or lawyer or a smart job, you know? Keith is probably homeless, let's be honest. I arrived at the gas station where we were going to meet, I had my bags ready. Keith and Scrags were already there.

"Gwen!" Keith ran up to me and tried to hug me but I awkwardly pushed him away but tried to be polite and not draw attention to it.

"Hey Scrags! How are you?" I asked, trying desperately to avoid Keith, it was still obvious that he liked me after twenty years.