angsty barnroe (black friday)

5.5.20

(a/n: im not usually a fan of song fics but i thought this one was rlly fitting)

(a/n: so basically bAcKsToRy, linda is a closeted lesbian thats tried to convince herself she's straight for her whole life (this one shot is set during black friday) and she's been in love with becky all this time so it's got to a point where she's so obsessed with becky and kidnaps her after becky accidentally sedated herself with the needle)

TRIGGER WARNING: self harm, major character death, gunshots, blood, rapey vibes, mentions of suicide

(the song is our love is god from heathers)

"Beckyyy" Linda said in a sing-song voice "Wake up beautifullll"

Becky woke in a room, it seemed like an office, Linda was crouched next to her and stroking her hair.

"What are you doing?" Becky pushed Linda's hand away from her

(a/n: the italics are the song lyrics)

"they made you cry"

"Stanley?" Becky replied to Linda, crawling backwards away from her but Linda just got closer again.

"But that will end tonight....you're the only thing that's right about this broken world"

"You're scaring me-" Becky was interrupted by Linda taking both of her hands in her own

"Go on and cry...but when the morning comes, we'll burn it down and then we'll build the world again"

"Linda what are you talking about?"

"Our love is god"

"Are you okay?" at this point, Becky genuinely started to question Linda's sanity.

"I was alone, I was a frozen lake, but then you melted me awake" tears rolled down Linda's cheeks as she giggled, like a schoolgirl, you could see in her eyes that something wasn't quite right "see now I'm crying too...you're not alone"

"Linda stop-"

"And when the morning comes, we'll burn away that tear" Linda cupped Becky's face in her hands "and raise our city here....our love is god"

Linda pressed her lips onto Becky's but was immediately pushed away.

"What the actual fuck Linda?! Stop it! Leave me alone!" Becky screamed, she was so terrified of what Linda would do at this point. Suddenly, Tom burst into the room.

"Becky come on! I'll get you out of here-"

*bang*

Linda had shot him.

His limp, lifeless body fell to the ground. Linda slowly got up, still holding the gun and stood over his body.

*bang*

She shot him again.

*bang*

And again

*bang*

*bang*

*bang*

She shot him until the bullets in her gun ran out, but she just started to laugh. It started out as a small chuckle but soon progressed into maniacal cackling as she stared at Tom's still warm corpse. She slowly turned to face Becky.

"Having second thoughts about that kiss now that your lover boy is gone?" She smirked maliciously at Becky. Becky just started to sob hysterically.

"No n-no no no no!" she buried her face in her hands. Linda knelt down and put an arm around Becky in an attempt to comfort her, but obviously it wasn't very comforting.

"Shh shh shh" she whispered to Becky "You don't need him, you don't love him like I love you"

"What the fuck have you done?!" Becky screamed and pushed Linda as far away as possible.

"I worship you"

"What?"

"I'd trade my life for yours, we'll make them disappear and plant our garden here...our love is god"

"You are fucking insane."

"Please be mine Becky! It's all I've ever wanted" Linda begged

"No Linda! I-"

"If you don't love me, I will kill myself right here right now!" Linda picked up the knife off her desk and held it up to her neck threateningly. Becky is a truly good person and couldn't handle knowing that Linda died because of her.

"No!" Becky screeched

"Do you love me?" Linda asked

"Well n-"

Linda just started to slash into herself, deep cuts all up her arm. The blood gushed out of her forearm, she just continued slicing herself up. There was no way to stop it, Linda was going to die.

"Linda! Fine!...our love is god."

Linda, still with blood dripping from her arms, pulled Becky into a sweet gentle kiss. But soon passed out on the floor, bleeding out. Becky stared in horror as she saw the girl she'd known since middle school bleed to death, Becky knelt down and took her pulse.

Linda Monroe was dead.

*714 words*