attorney in a hurry (black friday

9.7.20

I headcanon MIAHs name as jeremiah btw

(high school au, they're seniors)

Gary fucking hated gym class, it was just an hour of being forced to run around and look like an idiot. He was never very good at sports, every gym lesson he just felt like all his classmates were judging his every move. There was one who was definitely judging him, Jeremiah, he was in Gary's history class. Jeremiah always had a doctors note saying he was injured and couldn't do PE, most of them were probably faked though. Everytime Gary looked at Jeremiah, he saw him staring back at him. Although, Gary did have a small crush on Miah which made it a lot worse, he was so worried about messing up in front of him to the point that it probably caused him to mess up more.

———

After Gary got changed out of him sweaty gym clothes, he couldn't help but think about Miah. He'd been crushing on him for so long so it wasn't out of the ordinary for him to just daydream about him.

"Hey Goldstein" Gary looked around to see Jeremiah.

"Oh hi" Gary was nervous as hell, it was pretty much the first actual conversation he'd had with Miah.

"You okay? You looked like you'd zoned out"

"Oh don't worry, I'm fine"

"We've got history next"

"Y-yup" Gary mentally cringed at himself for stuttering slightly.

"Mr Anderson is such a dickhead, I swear I'm gonna fail that class because of him"

"Uh...why are you waiting for me?" Gary said as he tied his shoes "Aren't you usually in a hurry?"

"I think you're worth waiting for, Goldstein"

Gary stopped for a second, shocked by what Miah had just said. He had no idea what to say to that so he just giggled, mainly because of his overwhelming crush on the other boy. Gary stood up and was about to pick up his bag when Miah stepped closer to him, their fingers brushing together slightly before Miah interlocked their fingers and edged his face towards Gary's.

"Are you okay with this?" Miah almost whispered.

"I-I am very okay with this"

Jeremiah connected their lips, his other hand moving to Gary's waist to pull him closer. Gary was so shocked, once again scared of messing up, but eventually he relaxed into the kiss. Suddenly, they heard the creaky changing room door open, Gary pushed himself away from Miah and wiped his lips with the back of his sleeve. He picked up his bag and tried to look as normal as possible.

"Hurry off to class, you two, or you'll be late" it was the PE teacher

"Okay, Miss" Gary said awkwardly, still looking at his bag. The teacher exited.

"Sorry" Miah said quietly

"No no, it's fine"

"Do we have to go to class?"

"You mean...you want to skip?"

"Well, yeah"

"I've never bunked class before"

"Really? Well, there a first time for everything"

"Where would we even go?"

"We could just go sit in my car if you want" Miah said casually

"U-uh, yeah, sure"

They began walking, Miah took Gary's hand but Gary pulled away.

"Wait, uh, people don't know I'm...you know..." he whispered