taz thing idk what this is (starship)

(a/n: originally this was gonna be a full on book but then I remembered that I'm too lazy for that shit, so I decided to give up)

Taz woke up to her beeping alarm, the day had finally come, her 15th birthday. She was dreading this day like it was her own death. Her mamá was going to force her to dress up all girly in some stupid ass pink frilly dress since it's tradition for a girls quinceañera. It was also a tradition that the boy that a girl danced with at her quinceañera was the boy that she would probably marry. But you see that would be an issue, because Taz didn't like boys.

(a/n: yes i feel like taz would be a lesbian so if you don't rlly like that im v sorry and i hope u find another one shot to read ://)

Taz realised when she was 12 that she was gay and it took her so so long to accepted herself because her family constantly made homophobic remarks and comments. Only when she was 14 did she fully, truly accept herself. She could never tell her family so she was forced into the closet. Taz had planned what she was going to do on this day for months, her plan was to run away. She already packed a backpack with the essentials: clothes, hygiene (like toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.), her phone and a charger and some photos and memories. She made sure all trackers on her phone were turned off so she could disappear without a trace. No one in her town really liked her anyway, the boys never liked her coz she was "frigid" and wouldn't comply with their sick fantasies and the girls thought she was too masculine and there was no one of other genders in the village since the whole LGBTQ+ community was ridiculed and discriminated against so heavily that once a boy came out as bi and got bullied so hard he was driven to suicide, he was only 16. Also, a girl came out as trans to her family and got kicked to the streets, everyone called her a boy constantly and said she'd "never be a real girl" and one day she disappeared and no one knows what happened. So Taz definitely wasn't going to tell anyone. It was 3am, before she left she wanted to do something, he grabbed a pair of scissors from her desk and a hair elastic. She tied her hair tightly then cut right next to the elastic. She messed around, cutting parts until she was happy with the style. (a/n: imagine it as Taz's haircut in starship) She pulled out the red bandana she bought at a market, she had to hide it from her family because her mamá thought it was "weird", and tied it around her hair. She quickly cleaned the hair off the floor and put it in a plastic bag, she couldn't leave any evidence behind. Her village was actually quite poor so luckily there were no security cameras. The previous night, she had snuck a bit of food and water from the kitchen so she could survive without buying food for a little while. She had been saving up to do this for months so she had about €200, she didn't steal anything from her parents because she knew it would be too risky. She changed out of her pyjamas into an oversized black hoodie and grey sweatpants, she slipped on some white ankle socks then her denim blue converse trainers as well. After saying her final goodbye to the hellhole that she once called her house, she climbed up onto her window sill and quietly opened the window. She grabbed her backpack and quietly climbed onto the ledge outside her window, trying her best to keep her balance and then she tentatively closed the window behind her, trying to make as little noise as possible.

"Well, there's no going back now.." Taz thought, she smiled but then realised she wasn't free yet. She jumped down onto the roof of a porch that stuck out from her neighbours house, then from there she leaped onto the ground.

She just started to run, she ran like death themself was chasing her. She bolted towards the entrance of the town, the town was small so soon enough she reached the entrance, ducked under the barrier. She had finally escaped. However, she didn't stop running, she sprinted until the town was almost out of sight. She knew there was another town kind of nearby but to walk it would take an hour so she plugged her earphones into her phone and just lost herself in the music, although she only put one earbud in her ear since she didn't feel entirely safe, you know, walking alone at 3am.

*time skip to when she arrived at the town*

(a/n: i just found this in my notes from ages ago and cba to finish it but here ya go)