bug x reader(starship)

20.4.20

request by RedPen2269

(a/n: so im very lesbian so i don't really know how to write about bOys, but i tried my best yk and it was requested soooo)

Okay so today is the start of a new year as a starship ranger, I've been promoted and moved to a new ship so hopefully the rangers on this ship don't end up hating me. After finally making my way to my dorm room I was obviously not too excited to find out that I'd have to share a room with some random bitch I've never even fucking met. I entered the room slowly, my roommate wasn't there yet which I was thankful for. I thought I could get the bigger room but they were pretty much the same size, so I chose the one with a bigger desk and a window. I was so nervous, what if my roommate didn't like me or I ended up being excluded from the other rangers. Then suddenly the door opened, a tall clumsy boy with a blue headband tumbled in, barely keeping his balance. I exited my room to attempt to greet him.

"Hey! My name is Bug!" he stuck out his hand for me to shake it. I shook it, he seems like a pretty nice guy.

"I'm y/n, I'm new on this ship, was transferred this year" I replied

"Well done on being promoted, I'm sure you'll make a great addition to the team!" he told me

"Thank you" I said, this guy had a kind of contagious happiness that I'd never seen in anyone before, I just couldn't help but be happy when he was. Not to mention, he's kinda cute.

"I already chose what room I'll be in...if you don't mind" I continued

"Yeah that's fine, I'll just go unpack my stuff now"

"Okay" I returned to my room and shut the door.

"Oh my god" I thought "He's so fucking adorable oh my god, I can't believe I have a crush already"

After a few minutes there was a knock on my door.

"Come in" I called out

"Hey..." he opened the door "it's just me...Bug...well obviously it's Bug...because I'm your roommate" he laughed awkwardly "sorry, I'm kinda awkward around new people"

"It's fine, I'm the same to be honest"

"Yeah...well we have a day today to "settle in", Commander Up wants us to feel welcome before we begin missions and training"

"Commander Up?"

"Oh he's the commander on this ship, he's really nice but can be tough when he needs to be"

"That's good"

"Yeah, I'm glad i'm sharing a room with someone as nice as you" he smiled genuinely at me

"Awh thank you, same to you"

*time skip because im lazy*

Ive been working on this ship for a week now and everyone's actually really nice, Commander Up can be strict sometimes but overall he's really nice. There's this absolute badass called Taz and she's actually really nice to me, but there's this girl called February and she's Bug's ex so that's a lil awkward.

Bug's been such a good roommate to me and honestly I've got a massive crush on him. After a long day of training, I headed back to my dorm.

"Hey Bug, you here?"

"Yep" he called from his room. His door was open so I stepped in and looked at him to see if i was allowed in, he nodded. I entered the room and sat next to him on his bed.

"So, how did you find training today..?" you could tell he was a little nervous but I had no idea why.

"It was quite good, challenging but good, what about you?"

"Yeah it was good..."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine" his voice broke a little so you could tell he wasn't okay. I put my arm around him to show that I'm here for him, he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Um, can I tell you something quickly..?" he said quietly

"Yeah..of course"

"You're really beautiful"

"Thank you....sometimes I don't really think that so...it means a lot...thank you"

He turned to face me and looked into my eyes, he edged closer and then our lips met.

(a/n: im cringing so hard at writing a kiss scene with a male character lmao, but that's just me being super gay hgdfhjkl)

As we kissed, my arms made their way around his neck and his arms went around my waist. Then, I pulled away, he laughed awkwardly and looked away.

"So...do you like me back..?" he asked shyly.

"Isn't it obvious?"

(a/n: i'm sorry that this is kinda shitty but i tried my best also didn't want to take too long because it's a request so yeah pls don't hate me)

*812 words*