emma x fem!reader (part 1)(tgwdlm)

26.4.20

(a/n: sorry i haven't updated in a few days, i've got v bad writers block and a fuck ton of school work, also this chapters kinda shitty)

It was my first day working at Beanies, the only reason I got this shitty job is so I can make ends meet while I get through college. I walked into the small shop and the bell chimed, it was 7am. I saw a girl who was looking bored, just waiting at the counter, her hair was in a messy bun.

"Damn" I mumbled to myself "This girl is hot"

She looked up at me "Did you say something?"

"Oh, no" I laughed nervously "I'm y/n, it's my first day working here"

"Well, I'm Emma" she gestured to her nametag "so, since we're gonna be working together..." she got a small piece of paper and a pen out of her apron and wrote something down "here's my number" she passed it to me "in case you ever need anything" she winked.

"Emma!" A big booming voice came from behind her, Emma jumped slightly and turned around. The booming voice belonged to Nora, it said on her name tag. "Quit flirting and get the stuff ready for your shift"

"I wasn't flirting-" Emma replied, annoyed.

"Yes you were, now move your gay ass out the way so I can get our new employee ready for their first shift" Nora said to Emma, glaring at her.

"I'm not gay" Emma mumbled under her breath, sulking. She winked at me as she went into the break room, causing me to blush slightly.

"Try not to hang around Emma too much, when you're not at work. She's a bad influence"

*time skip*

It was opening time and luckily my first shift was with Emma.

"Hey...you alright after earlier?" I laughed slightly

"Yeah, Nora's a bitch sometimes"

"Yeah...um, if you don't mind me asking, what did she say earlier about you being gay?"

"Well I'm bi but Nora uses the fact I'm kinda gay as an excuse as to why I'm "lazy" and "an asshole""

"Damn, that sucks, at my college loads of people are bitchy about the fact that I'm LGBTQ, it's not like it's our fault"

"Yeah...so...about my number...text me later?" she smiled

"Hmm I don't know..." I said jokingly "Nora said yOuRe a bAd iNfLuEnCe" we both laughed "I'm joking, of course I'll text you"

"Good, we could maybe meet up sometime, so Nora won't be there to boss us around"

"Like a date?" I asked, I felt myself blushing.

"If you want it to be..." Emma got slightly closer to me

"Excuse me!" A customer said, angrily "I ordered a hot chocolate and have been waiting a very long while for it!"

"Sorry sorry, we'll do that now" Emma said

"I have vEry loW bLooD suGar" the customer said, walking away

*time skip*

Finally our shift had ended, we were in the break room hanging up our aprons.

"So, y/n?"

"Yeah"

"About what I said earlier" she got closer again "would you like it to be a date?"

"Well....yeahhh" I smiled at her.

"Okay" she smiled back "maybe we could go on a walk after work..?"

"Yeah I'd like that"

"But Zoey and Nora cannot know or they'll make sure we don't have any shifts together"

"Okay"

We got our bags, put on our jackets and left the shop.

"Where are we walking?" I asked.

"I don't know...maybe just stroll around downtown"

"Yeah"

As we walked, she took my hand in hers and intertwined our fingers. It was really nice to finally have someone, even if we'd only met today and this was basically our first date, she liked me and I liked her and that made me happy.

"Dykes!" we both turned around to see a group of about three men, they looked dangerous. Emma just dragged me along with her as we tried to walk away. I suddenly felt a pain on my back, one of the men threw a rock at me.

"Ow!" I exclaimed.

"Are you okay?" Emma asked

"Y-yeah" I replied, but before I could stop her, Emma ran up to one of the men and punched him square in the face. Emma was soon pushed onto the floor and relentlessly kicked by the men as they shouted things like "this is what you get for being a dyke" and "burn in hell fag"

"Stop it!" I screamed at them, I pushed them away, helped Emma up and we ran as fast as we could away from them.

"Emma are you okay?!" I asked, very concerned.

"Yeah, I'm good" she replied, but she didn't sound good. We ducked into an alleyway and stayed quiet, the men that were chasing us ended up running past luckily. I sat down against the wall and Emma sat next to me.

"Wow...a great first date, am I right?" Emma joked, I laughed. Emma put her arm around me and I rested my head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry" she said

"Why are you sorry? It's not your fault-"

"Yes it is, if I hadn't of boxed that dude in the face then we could have just walked away...I was just really mad that that motherfucker had to nerve to throw a fucking rock at you!"

"It's okay...we're safe now"

"I know we only just met today and it was pretty bold of me to flirt with you right off the bat, but I'm kinda glad that I did...not because we got fucking beaten up...but because we got to spend a little time together"

"Although in an ideal world we wouldn't get beaten up"

"Yeah...we should probably get home..."

"Yeah..."

"But I wanna spend more time with you"

"Same"

"If you don't mind, we could go back to my apartment for a bit?"

"Yeah that would be nice" I smiled genuinely.

"Just a warning, I live with my kooky biology professor but he doesn't get home until 5, and he doesn't mind if I bring girls home anyway"

"Yeah that's fine"

Emma got up off the floor and put her hand out to help me up. I took it and got up. As we walked she put her arm around my shoulder and I put my arm around her waist.

(a/n: okay imma write a part 2 right nowwww)

*1008 words*