esther x reader (solve it squad)

15.5.20

request by @laurenslopez

(a/n: this is a little shorter than my usual one shots but i wanted to get it finished today, hope y'all like it)

I heard my phone ring in my pocket, it was Esther. She never rang me unless it was important (since she doesn't really like talking over the phone) so I knew something must have happened.

"H-hey...y/n...please come over I think I fucked up..." her voice was really shaky

"What happened?"

"I think I took too much, I feel so dizzy..."

"I'm coming over right now, hold on"

I hung up and hurriedly put on a coat before darting out my home, luckily Esther lived quite nearby so I could walk to her house. But I wasn't walking, I was sprinting. I worried about her a lot, I always encouraged her to try and get clean but every time I tried she'd just explain to me about her 'super brain' again. I got to her apartment and opened the door with the key she's gave me, unfortunately yet unsurprisingly this wasn't the first time this had happened. She pretty much had no other friends so I always had to sort shit out when this happened, I'm not complaining, it's not her fault she's addicted but she really needs to be more careful. I entered the apartment, she was sitting on the couch, sweating and shaking.

"Esther! What happened? What did you take?" I asked, concerned

"y/n...you're here...thank you" her voice was just as shaky as she was, her eyes were darting around, looking anywhere but me

"Esther, what do you need? How can we make you okay?"

"Get me some water..."

"Is that it? Esther we really should call a doctor-"

"And tell them I've been using a stash of highly illegal drugs! No..." she quietened her voice "please don't..."

"Fine" I went and got a glass from the cupboard, I'd been round her place so many times that I knew where everything was, and filled it with water "but please be more careful" I passed the glass to her, she took a long drink, she was still shaking. After she put down the glass, I took her hands in mine to calm her down. She looked at me, it was the first time she'd made eye contact with me that night.

"Thank you, dude"

"No problem, I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you"

Her hands started to shake less as she calmed down.

"I've still got a fucking awful headache tho" she put her hand on her head and closed her eyes, wincing.

"Do you want me to get you some headache medicine?"

"No thanks, I don't think I should be having any more drugs tonight..."

"Okay"

Me and Esther were really close friends, I'd spend more time at her apartment than my own. We'd sometimes just sit in the same room, just on our phones or something, but having the company was nice.

She put her arm around me and quietly said "Thank you got everything you've done for me"

"You don't have to thank me-"

"Well uh, I do, you've legit saved my life on more than one occasion"

"It's okay, I don't want you to die...please don't die"

"I'll try not to"

I rested my head on her shoulder, a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"Oh no no please don't cry"

"Sorry" I said, wiping away my tear.

"Don't be sorry, I'm the one who's a fuckin junkie"

"Esther..."

"Can I say something?"

"Yeah"

"I think I...oh fuck it nevermind"

"Esther tell me"

"I think I love you"

There was silence, I was shocked

"I-"

"I'm sorry..." she removed her arm from around my shoulders "I shouldn't have-"

"I love you too"

She looked into my eyes, smirked, and pulled me into a kiss.

*613 words*